• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am capable of anything; Shahrizai

All things are possible, even the worst of things.

The competition is something he will remember for the remainder of his life. The Deserts’ goddess had been kind and relatively gentle with him (and from what he understood, she hadn’t been to everyone). He still remembers clearly the warm feeling she had imparted to him upon depositing him on the borders, telling him he was too kind-hearted to be what the Deserts’ ruler needed. That had surprised him (even as patently true as it had been, and perhaps still is), but it had also shaped his entire future. It was perhaps inevitable that he would return here.

Camrynn responds blithely to his teasing, causing him to laugh. It is a deep, robust laugh, one suiting of a stallion his size and nature, causing his chocolate brown eyes to lighten and twinkle merrily. He does enjoy a good laugh.

And perhaps that is what makes this punishment extra fitting. The ghoulish creature is just about as opposite as you can get from a good laugh. It approaches him without appearing to walk, dark mouth gaping widely in its long, pale face. That sharp object is raised above its head as a wispy voice reaches his ears. What’s your favorite scary movie, it says.

What? He’s entirely baffled by this question for a moment, distracting him from his conversation with Camrynn. So much so that he doesn’t realize at first that a second, translucent skin has covered his own dark roan coat. He jumps when she scrapes her teeth against his shoulder, eliciting a slight scritch scritch from the material. He looks from his shoulder to her and back again in surprise, brown eyes wide.

He’s so distracted by the entire event that he doesn’t notice the creature has gotten close enough to attack until its knife arcs downward, only to skitter harmlessly across his flank. He jumps sideways, nearly bowling right into Camrynn in his alarm as his large rear hooves strike out reflexively at the ghastly beast. Suddenly he laughs, more in relief than amusement. That is, until the ghoul comes at him again, causing him to jerk back and scoot around to the other side of the black mare.

Finally he registers the words she had spoke, causing him to huff a soft breath of relief tinged with a hint of wry mirth.

Well, I guess thanks are in order.

He pauses then, considering her briefly as his expression settles into something more sincere.

Thank you.

He does grin at her next words however, the curve of his lips imbued with both amusement and exasperation.

It was the damnedest thing. This little spritely creature just kind of showed up out of the blue and started asking the weirdest questions. Pause. Well, I may have trespassed on its territory a little bit. But anyway, weirdest questions you ever heard. When I got too many wrong, it sent me on my way, but this ghoulish creature was following me. Damned thing keeps asking me more weird questions and trying to stab me. I’ve been fast enough to outrun it so far, but, well…

shahrizai

hestoni x scorch

Messages In This Thread
    I am capable of anything; Shahrizai - by Camrynn - 09-08-2015, 10:31 PM
    All things are possible: - by Shahrizai - 09-11-2015, 12:19 AM
    All things are possible: - by Shahrizai - 09-15-2015, 11:57 AM