• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the less I give, the more I get back; ledger

your mouth is poison; your mouth is wine
    (you think your dreams are the same as mine)

She dims slightly at his answer, feeling chastened although he had been kind about it. Perhaps there was something that he didn’t want to tell her—thoughts that he did not want to see. So she smiles weakly at him, shrugging her fragile shoulders. “Another time then, Ledger,” letting the moment pass before he speaks again and the bottom of her stomach drops from both sadness and joy—the result both confusing and dizzy. “You don’t?” her voice is soft and she looks up at him from a slightly lowered head. “Why?”

She wonders at what she feels around him—the uncertainty and stability, the confusion, the initial hurt that has since led into a faint glow. Adaline didn’t understand it. She barely knew him and already she was considering staying here with him, making this her home. Yet, in the back of her mind, she knew that her brother was waiting. She knew there was another place that she was supposed to call home with Contagion and the wolf-girl—the mare who made her sick to her stomach at the slightest mention.

It would be so easy to abandon that and just stay here.
    Stay here with him and create something new for herself.

But she can’t. As much as she wants to, she can’t. She sees the bruised eyes of her brother, and there is something that beats in her heart for him—something she can’t ignore. “I want to,” she says truthfully, her voice bitter as she walks up to him, “but I can’t.” She presses her mouth to his cheek and lets it linger there, breathing him in deeply. “I have to go.” Her pink gaze catches his for a moment, and she has no way of knowing that their next encounter will be so incredibly different. “Find me again, Ledger.”

And with that, she leaves.

© wyman h

ooc: i figured we could pick up another thread in the meadow post-quest?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the less I give, the more I get back; ledger - by adaline - 10-04-2015, 02:54 PM