• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will face god and walk backward into hell; round I (closed)

and lord, I fashion dark gods too;

He came to them in swaths of nebulae, bred into the land colors and celestial markings. He enjoys it, a mortal pleasure that crossed over into his divinity. But the time has ended, and the color is gone, replaced with the more familiar gray, a color of stormclouds.
    (He has a flair for the theatric, but always returns to this state – to the form of the horse he once was, the color of dull skies, as if he’s one of them, mortal.)
    He looks now for other entertainments, and thinks of his lair, now empty. He will return there, soon enough – his wastelands are more home to him than Beqanna is, and he tires of the land, it’s failed to entertain him.
    Still, it’s been a lovely enough trip, and looks to take a bit of it with him.
    Souvenirs, if you will.
    The lair does get ever so lonely.

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war – but what slips out are not dogs, not anymore, but hounds. Sleek and tapered and wrong, strange, magic-built creatures (they had once been wolves, but that was generations ago). They are large and rangy, and they are hungry. They cry and bay to one another, eager, as the command comes: hunt.
    They obey, as they always do, and thus the dogs of war are set loose.

He expects the hellhounds to bring in some, but others, he hopes, will come willingly. He broadcasts his desires like a radio signal: come, and be transformed.

Others still, he will take himself.

He grins, a broad and lazy smile, and their dark god reigns.

NOTES:
    This is pretty much going to be a “get captured and tortured in Carnage’s lair.” This means you consent to having Carnage’s mark branded on your horse somewhere (you can choose where). It’s basically going to be like Saw (I guess. I have never watched Saw), I’ll impart some scenarios and you choose how your character reacts. This quest is pretty much for mental trauma only. There might be traits or something at the end but really, I want you to enter it because you want your character broken/traumatized, not because you want something shiny at the end.
    Defects will occur. They will be permanent. However, there will be some leeway. I’m just saying, don’t expect your horse to escape unscathed.

TO ENTER:
    You have 48 hours to reply. In the reply, describe how your character ends up in the lair. Did the hellhounds catch them? Are they a weird masochist? Did Carnage hunt their child down and they offered themselves instead, a la Beauty and the Beast? Something else entirely? THERE ARE NO LIMITS. The point is, describe how your character ends up there, but stop with them entering the lair (the lair is underground, dank, the hellhounds live there, it stinks, there’s bones, etc. – your typical evil villain underground lair).
    No limits on entries, but one character per player.
    Round II will hopefully be posted by Wednesday, 2:00 PM CST but I do most of this at my real person job so no promises.
    If you have any questions, email me at acmrshll@gmail.com.

It might go without saying but this whole quest has a major trauma/abuse trigger warning.

c a r n a g e

Messages In This Thread
    I will face god and walk backward into hell; round I (closed) - by Carnage - 09-14-2015, 02:34 PM