• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will face god and walk backward into hell; round III (closed, edited)

and lord, I fashion dark gods too;

He watches their fears unfold as a starving man watches a feast be laid out before him. He watches them crumble, watches them wail and gnash their teeth. Watches them fail their parents, their siblings. They dream into being monsters, lurching things with rows of teeth. Failures and murder and death all parade before him, a grand show, and he watches it all.
    When the show is done and they are alone again, cowering in their cages, he pauses for a moment, muses on what’s next. There are so many of them! He’s used to having his toys kept individually, where he could spend years making and unmaking them. This is quicker, dirtier, their fears taken in dark alleyways.
    He could keep them all forever, of course, but he knows the greater numbers increase the chances of defiance – and though he is a god, he is often a lazy one, and he does not care for defiance.
    (Cordis has defied him, escaped him in a way he cannot determine. It still bothers him, an itch under the skin.)

He visits them, then. Each one in turn. To each of them he comes as himself – some of them know him as father, some by name.
    They will all know him as a god.
    “You may choose,” he tells them, as if he is giving them a great kindness.
    “Fire, or ice? Pick now, or I’ll pick for you. And I doubt you’ll like my pick.”
    He lets them speak, and then, the games begin.

NOTES:
    Yay everyone made it through because I really want to see everyone’s responses to this round <3
    This is a “pick your torture” round: pick fire or ice, and then describe the subsequent torture that comes with it. Be creative – you can have fire/ice demons, weapons, transportation to a place where everything is ice/fire, whatever your beautiful minds can create. In this scene you must also describe where/how your character is ‘branded.’ You must also create a defect that occurs at some point in the torture. You can choose the defect (within reason, obviously – blindness, deafness, muteness, some disease, loss of a body part, etc. – if you’re unsure, email me). You can also choose the severity; the only caveat is it must be permanent.
    Eliminations will occur next round, and will be judged on style and creativity.
    You’re more than welcome to powerplay Carnage in this round.
    Replies must be up by 3:00 PM CST on Monday, Sept. 21. Failure to reply results in automatic elimination.
    If you have any questions, email me at acmrshll@gmail.com.

EDIT 9/21/15: so I forgot to factor in the fact I'd be doing 5 hours of martial arts Saturday and my body still hurts so next round will be up tomorrow. the 3 PM deadline still stands (stood?) for getting replies in.

c a r n a g e

Messages In This Thread
    i will face god and walk backward into hell; round III (closed, edited) - by Carnage - 09-18-2015, 10:40 AM