• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Adjust your sails [any]

Yo,ho haul together, hoist the colours high

He manages to pull his eyes away, raising them to look at the man before him. He was saying something now, Anker almost hadn't heard. Another? Some roses? Usually his Mother was the one offering to get him things, to make sure he had plenty to eat. It took him by surprise and he found it a bit strange too, that the male was now offering his services.

"Roses? Sir,.." The little buckskin tilted his head forward, bringing one eye closer to the mans face. It was a secretive gesture, you know the one, except Anker didn't whisper when he leaned in. "Have you ever eaten roses? They taste dreadful, I should know, made that mistake once." He felt as if he were imparting some important information, if anyone knew about food, it was him.

The boys features turn sullen once more, reminiscing on the smashed delicacy. "It was going to taste so delicious."  Sighing, he prodded the weed with his hoof. Lucky for him, he spotted another not far, perhaps it was a good day after all. "Oh, here lookit.." He was sure to announce before he trotted away a bit, " Here's another, even better than the one before." Anker was sure to snatch it up quickly this time, couln't be too careful, no time to dilly-dally. With a mouthful, he calls to the other, sprays of grass and weeds spewing from his lips. "Hey, what did ya say your name was again? Mom calls me Anker, so i guess that's mine."

Whale x Adorata
    Art by Matt Allen

Messages In This Thread
    Adjust your sails [any] - by Anker - 09-20-2015, 09:54 AM
    RE: Adjust your sails [any] - by Kronk - 09-21-2015, 09:18 PM
    RE: Adjust your sails [any] - by Anker - 09-21-2015, 09:43 PM
    RE: Adjust your sails [any] - by Kronk - 09-22-2015, 12:35 AM
    RE: Adjust your sails [any] - by Anker - 09-22-2015, 09:18 AM