• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

1 2 3 take my hand and come with me {{Felinae / open}}

{we all are living in a dream}
    {and life aint what it seems}
    That large "K" scarred across her side, bald and grey, stood out so well from her otherwise gorgeous roan coat. Still, Ghoest was happy, despite everything that had ever happened to her. Sure she had issues, probably more than most, but the little roan fae felt like she was quite possibly free for the first time in her life. Her son was grown and had left to have his own life, so now the mare was eager to meet new faces, and approach life without fear.

Living with Khaos had been hard, but as she had so painfully discovered living without him was just as difficult, possibly even more so. At least with that brute she had had a home, plentiful food and someone that protected her from the other brutes. With his death she had needed to learn how to take care of herself; something she'd never done before. And on top of that she'd needed to take care of her son as well. It had definitely been rough, but Ghoest had managed to get through relatively unscathed. Hopefully no more mistakes would be made.

She lifted her nose to the air and bellowed out a joyful neigh, eager to greet the others in the meadow. Ghoest still wasn't too sure how to approach others, as a youngster the mare missed out on every bit of socializing that most others horses had the opportunity to learn. And living with Khaos hadn't helped... most of the time she talked to anyone there it ended with a fresh bruise on her roan pelt.

Ghoest trotted playfully through the area, throwing in a couple bucks as she did. It was so perfect, everything was just so perfect. How could the sky be such a perfect shade of rich blue? How could the songs of the birds be so cheerful? Had some equines been blessed with this freedom since birth? Eventually she slowed to a stop, with a couple darkened, damp patches showing on her chest and behind her elbows, and she neighed again. Certainly there were horses around, their dark bodies spread around the landscape almost as if they had been painted there. A small frown crawled across her maw. Did nobody want to meet her?
    tags Felinae / Open, 374 words. notes, _______.

Messages In This Thread
    1 2 3 take my hand and come with me {{Felinae / open}} - by Ghoest - 09-27-2015, 01:33 PM