• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i heard there was a secret chord; cam, yael

yael

In hindsight, Yael should have assumed Jason’s form when she came to aid the Gates; but there was little time to think so far ahead, and with fire, time is of the essence. There aren’t many magicians who would  a - stick their nose in someone else’s business, and b - work for good instead of chaos. She is the lone Glinda. So while it probably wasn’t hard to figure out who put out the fire in the Gates, the fact that Mast doesn’t even ask, he just assumes, irritates her. Just a little. For no real reason.

This meeting, however, is not about that. Though Mast thanks her and she dips her head, murmuring a gracious reply in return, he soon moves on to the true reason behind his visit to the quiet kingdom. For despite how few they are in number, Yael is a commodity. The simple threat of her retaliation in an attack against her Kingdom was enough to keep most enemies at bay. Magician plus Desert equals some very dead invaders. If he had come any earlier, the golden woman may have had to turn him away - but not now. He has impeccable timing.

It stirs up old memories; ones of when she was bay and ruled with a dragon… in the days before Vanquish. Her heart twinges for Nocturnal and everyone who is no longer with them. Anyone who says history does not repeat itself is lying. She throws up an illusion around the two of them for good measure - wouldn’t want some pesky little sand raven eavesdropping on a private conversation, now would they? It would look as if they are having an argument. “I’m afraid eet eesn’t up to me… Luckeely for you,. I do xaf some pull vit ze new Keeng.” Yael chuckles and tilts her head to one side, her eyes growing distant. She stays this way for a couple of minutes, having a mind-to-mind discussion with Vanquish, before she turns back to Mast with a soft sign. “Vankeesh says ve vill support ze Gates. I’ll keep an eye on t’em for you. Call for me vhen you need us - and t’ough eet might just be ze two of us, ve vill come.”

Yael steps back and closes her mouth, but her mind-voice keeps talking. Valk avay vit a mad or defeated look on your face. Perxaps t’ey vill t’ink ve said no. Tell no vone unless eet ees necessary… and even t’en, een vhispers, yes? And with that, she abruptly pivots away, heading back into the depths of the Desert.

figured might as well put a time jump in cause *reasons*

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i heard there was a secret chord; cam, yael - by Yael - 11-20-2015, 04:27 PM