• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

la jeune fille marquée; Magnus

la jeune fille marquée

Minette knows restlessness. It has become second nature to her, a guise she put on and can no longer take off. She wasn't always this way. The pale gray mare remembers, like a distant dream, a time when she felt at peace. When hope and courage and belief were the foundations of her being. Now she is haunted by exhaustion and fear. But even that is better than the days of numbness. She is afraid that she will never recover the woman she was. Her past self is lost amongst the debris, her heart just so many pieces of wreckage.

Her uncontrolled weeping is interrupted by a stranger's gently inquiring tones. A buckskin stallion, his voice quiet, stands in the afternoon autumn light. He is scarred. She notices this first. It's soothing for reasons she cannot understand.

She blushes, taking in the mess she must be in contrast to the stallion's kindness, and shakes her head as if to physically stop the tears. An air of embarrassment gathers around her and her words finally spill out apologetically between quickly fading sobs.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm afraid it's been a rather rough year and I didn't- don't worry about me. Please excuse me. I-I'm all right now.

She steps out of the stream and onto the bank. Min knows she should be making an effort to be friendly, to recover a little of her old self, but the strength it takes is difficult to recover. She manages a shaky nicker of welcome.

Magnus.” She says gently, her voice husky from tears. “I'm Minette."

The pale gray mare gives him a warm smile, her eyes bright with unshed tears. She shivers a bit from the cold. Her aching joints are temporarily soothed, and the chill is a small price to pay.

"I'm sorry you found me under such circumstances. You don't have to go if you don't want. I mean, I'd like it if you'd stay." She offers him a playful look, only a little strained. "I'm gathering up conversations to store for the winter.

When I'll be alone again. The thought springs unbidden to her mind but she forces it down with the same strength of will that gave her courage to rescue her daughter. She is not wholly broken, this mare, but each day the weight of living grows just a little more.

Messages In This Thread
    la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-17-2015, 07:17 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-17-2015, 10:23 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-17-2015, 11:44 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-18-2015, 03:34 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-18-2015, 06:32 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-18-2015, 07:31 PM
    la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-18-2015, 10:09 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-19-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-20-2015, 08:23 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-23-2015, 10:41 PM