• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

la jeune fille marquée; Magnus

la jeune fille marquée

Magnus returns her touch and a spring of joy floods her soul. His gentle sympathy pours over her like a wave, and Minette's eyes fill once more with tears. This time, it is a grateful release. To be heard, to be validated, those are precious gifts that she will hold close.

She listens, head and heart full, as Magnus speaks. She wonders how he has been hurt and feels a spark of fire as she imagines who had dared to touch him in anything other than love. They are kindred spirits in suffering, but it is not a fate the gray mare would wish on anyone.

There is a girl, a young pregnant mare that Gryffen stole. I cannot leave her. She is due with her first child in the coldest part of winter and the mountains can be brutal.

Minette thinks absently of her dark, lonely days there, shivering in the shadows of the icy peaks. She has never understand the appeal of the wailing winds and the snow capped earth. In a perfect world she would live in a place of sun and flowers and warmth. She wonders if there even exists such a place, other than the meadows of her birth place.

I want what you offer. A home, a place to be safe, to feel safe and protected for once, but I cannot let Felinae suffer for my choices.” Her voice is brittle, taut with a whirlwind of emotions. Her chest aches with the longing to be protected and she cares very little if that makes her appear weak. Minette is broken, and she would treasure the chance to be of concern to someone.

"I know you are not afraid and you say you have been hurt, but I don't want to be the cause of more hurt for you. I am sorry that you have ever been hurt, Magnus. You don't deserve it.” She takes a steadying breath, lifting her dark eyes to meet his imploringly. “I want you to come. I-” she bites back the words, stumbling over the unspoken 'I care what happens to you, about you. and changing her words to a hasty “Just promise you will be careful if you do.

She longs to beg him not to set foot in Gryffen's land. Minette knows she should chase him away, that she should be strong and firm, and tell him to never see her again. But she cannot. Other than the timid mare in the herd she has had thrust upon her, Magnus is the first kindness she has known. The contrast is so great that her head spins, and she is afraid to blink in case it all disappears into mist. She has been strong for so long but her weary heart only wants rest.

Messages In This Thread
    la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-17-2015, 07:17 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-17-2015, 10:23 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-17-2015, 11:44 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-18-2015, 03:34 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-18-2015, 06:32 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-18-2015, 07:31 PM
    la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-18-2015, 10:09 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-19-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-20-2015, 08:23 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by magnus - 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
    RE: la jeune fille marquée; Magnus - by Minette - 10-23-2015, 10:41 PM