• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

trick or treat, lovelies; round three
    Tsk. Tsk. Now look what you've done. You're all alone in a very unfriendly place. But don't you look adorable covered in the blood of your fellow?

Unfortunately, four of you must go. Rules and all that. Brynmor, Sidra, Eona and Kult. I don't like your faces anymore.

Say something nice as you leave.
    (and see below for more information)

As for the rest for you. I have something I really must show you. I have some lovely new guests who have taken up residence in the mansion and I know they're just dying to meet you. You see, they feed off angst, something you ponies seem to know quite a bit about. If you're lucky, they may even introduce themselves personally although they generally prefer to let their handiwork speak for them.

And such delights they are!

I've been told they can haunt you with the sins of your past and take on the images of your loved ones to torture you. Splendid! You are eager to say hello, aren't you?

Ah ha, look into the light again, please.

Missy

Smother, Malis, Eldrian, Pyxis, Shahrizai, Shaytan, Xiah & Lokii,
    The only way out of the mansion of terrors is through a small opening in the basement. Have fun! You may end the scenario in one of two ways. Either you find the exit and you scramble out into a room of pure light or you collapse into an emotional puddle, lost somewhere in the mansion. There is no credit or deductions given for whichever you choose. You can still win if you don't make it out of the mansion.

Things You Might Want To Know

1. To begin, the following horses have been eliminated from the quest. All of you will be returned to the meadow a bit knackered. And you might have nightmares. No promises.
    (Thank you so much, ladies. Your words were bril and I hate to see any of you go! You have all been so wonderful that I am having to nit pick when eliminating contestants!)
    Brynmor, because of grammar and sentence structure. (I know english is your second language so I felt awful about this one, but there were others that were just written cleaner. Sad I will send you a critique as requested!) You wrote a book! And it was so creative!
    Sidra, your obstacles were good but not as creative as some of the others and transitions between scenes were a bit rough. Really like the interaction between Sidra and her victim.
    Kult, because of some awkward sentence structure and tense changes. Love the bloody lack of remorse!
    Eona, the flow of your paragraphs was choppy and there were several spelling errors. I really liked the foreshadowing and I was quite upset when the dog died! Well written.

2. In this round your horses are transported (in whatever way your heart desires) back to the mansion. This house is not an ordinary home, however. It's possessed. By demons, if you like. I find that's easiest for frail human minds to comprehend. The house, the walls, the floors, the rooms themselves, feed off your emotions, your fear and past sins (if you don't have any sins, think back to the last round, you wicked children). I think it's best said with “Here there be Monsters”. Your own personal monsters.
    If you've read House by Frank Peretti & Tim Dekker, this mansion is like the cabin.

3. You can no longer access your mutated DNA. Water works wonders.

4. You have until Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. est to reply in character to this post. Temporary and amusing defects will be handed out to those who fail to show up.

5. No deductions will be given for editing a post unless it occurs after the stated deadline.

5. As always, any questions, requests, complaints or other mouth things you deem necessary should be PM'd at your convenience. The Mistress will answer at hers.

Messages In This Thread
    trick or treat, lovelies; round three - by The Mistress - 10-24-2015, 10:36 AM