• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but as far as I can see I got everything I want; lexa

The world is bright and beautiful place, but Rucker loves none of it so much as he loves home. He doesn't know whether it is safety or family that draws his heart to twine with meadows and wildflowers of the gates. He doesn't ponder it much either. Rucker is a colt of simple tastes, with a heart as wide open and bright as the prairies. His blue eyes often light up with eagerness and a slow and steady country boy smile makes its way across his face. He is ungainly, as foals often are, but by looking at him one can tell that he will have his father's height. His coat is pitch black, accented by white socks and a blaze. Of course, they are not often pure white because Rucker enjoys rolling in the dirt and feeling the grit in his skin. Gold strands are interwoven in his mane. They are a gift from his grandma, and he loves her secretly best of all, because she told him his name and let him know he was not alone. He is handsome, and wild, and full of energy.

He is also deaf.

The black colt doesn't notice it much, having always been lacking sound. Occasionally Rucker finds himself frustrated that he can't make himself understood, but mostly he communicates with body language and that easy smile of his. He is young, and carefree and fears very little. Not from ignorance, but from an inborn confidence. He wants to protect those he loves and he feels capable of that, even if his body would disagree.

Despite loving the gates most of all, Rucker had felt the urge to roam and learn more about the world he is growing up in. With patient direction from his siblings, the black colt took the short walk to the playground. In family of many children he does not often feel alone, but he does crave a change of scenery. Someone who would play with him and maybe want to explore, too.

He looks about carefully, letting his eyes fill in for the lack of his ears. This place is peaceful but vibrant, watched over by glittering flashes of light. He does a happy circle-trot and stands proudly, blue eyes wide and a slow smile on his features.

Messages In This Thread
    but as far as I can see I got everything I want; lexa - by Rucker - 10-26-2015, 07:22 PM