• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - Draconis, any

But the night fades away and gives way to the day

(Aw, no problem <3)

They take a leisurely pace back to Rhy's home, instead of rushing, and her gradually-less-sore forefeet are grateful for this.  The little filly gamely keeps up at the electric mare's side, taking in the sights and listening to each lesson that her new companion tells to her.  It is a lot for this former Meadow child to take in, but she soaks it up like a sponge.  Rhy's lessons were much like the bedtime stories her mommy would tell her, except that she knows them to be made up of truth, about real horses and real lands that she had seen with her own eyes.  The Falls had caught her attention the most; she had heard the distant waterfalls splashing and had yearned to go and see them in person, but since it wasn't polite, nor safe, depending on the kingdom, to trespass, Draconis restrains her curiosity.  The waterfalls weren't going anywhere, and hopefully she could see them another day.  

Absorbed in the excitement of their little "world tour", the black filly's thoughts are focused more upon all the new things there were to see and learn about, than her birth mother and where she might be now.  In her defense, she is quite young still, and her attention span for things not in her here and now is presently not very long.  Now they have reached the borders of the Jungle, where Rhy said she lived, and she follows her willingly into the wild expanse of green.  Unaccustomed to the tropical climate within, she does her best to keep up, placing each hoof with care to avoid being tangled in vines or worse, stepping in a hidden hole.  A naughty corner of her mind suggests that the going would be easier if burnt away, but she ignores it. Her companion would probably not appreciate having her home set on fire! The Jungle's animal cacophony has her turning her head in all directions, trying to listen and take it all in. Once in the clearing, she takes another look around, and then lifts her eyes up to meet Rhy's, a smile upon her small muzzle. "It's very pretty here. A little noisy, though. Is that easy to get used to, like a background noise? "

Draconis

For what else is the night to do?
    Photograph by Isabel Mansfeld

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 10-29-2015, 09:27 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Draconis - 11-07-2015, 11:49 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 11-12-2015, 09:50 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Naga - 12-11-2015, 03:36 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-23-2016, 11:12 AM