• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [any]

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Discussing the feud between the Gates and the Chamber was nothing more than a study of bullies. Despite his deep-rooted ties there, Magnus saw the Chamber as it currently was—and it was nothing more than the power hungry and the bored seeking an easy target. The Gates had been that target. At the time of the attack, the Gates had been one of the quietest kingdoms around with one of the smallest armies; it made sense that the Chamber would attack them. How could one soldier fight against the raid alone? There was nothing honorable about the attack, and there was certainly nothing to brag about.

The whole mess made Magnus’ stomach turn.

“The Chamber was bored and looking for someone to take that out on,” Magnus finally responds, rolling his scarred shoulder. “They wanted to flex their muscles—make a statement, and it worked. They gained a small name for themselves by attacking a sleepy kingdom with, at the time, a one-man army. But it won’t work again. I won’t let it.” His eyes flashed dangerously, and like every time he thought about the attack, he bitterly wished he had been around to fight against them. It was one of his biggest regrets.

His ears perked slightly at Nymphetamine’s elusive proposal, his mouth grim in thought. He had barely met the other stallion, and it certainly was dangerous to simply trust him at his word, but he was intrigued—and perhaps foolishly, he trusted him. So he nodded. “Alright, I will hear you out.” He took a step back, nodding toward the border. “I can show you to the Gates and we can converse more there.” He knew that the other stallion had not agreed to join the kingdom and their ranks, but it was a step in that direction.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography

ooc | if you want, you can post in the gates next to continue the thread! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [any] - by magnus - 11-05-2015, 02:24 AM