• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

they all need something to hold on to; open
    they all need something to hold on to, they all mean well
    pay your respects to society giving me hell

She does not react to the voice that curls like thick smoke in her mind, though she feels her brother’s eyes on her. She knows that Ikaro expects the comment to strike flint, to ignite. Yet it elicits only a cold distaste – one that Nao makes no attempt to hide. For her sake the sooty stallion remains passive, but if Yael were to venture any further she would read his interest as clearly as she would his sister’s aversion. What do you know about her? he wonders in the quiet of his thoughts. Then Magnus begins to speak, and so he must shift his attention to the actual conversation at hand.

Nao laughs at first, her almond eyes impish. “I’m sure you have more than a trick or two, Magnus – physically, I mean.” She tilts her flaxen head at him as he continues, alluding to the countless years he has lived as well as those he has not. “Quite impressive,” she asserts, adding with a liquid smile, “Especially since you’ve managed to surface from such experiences relatively unwrinkled.” He goes on to speak of the Gates, of a promise he intends to keep, and at once her gaze sparks. “She must be someone very special.” At her side, Ikaro tenses – yet Yael interjects with her demonstration, diverting Nao and Ikaro alike for the time being.

With little hesitation, the slender mare steps forward to inspect the magician’s transformation, keen eyes tracing the metallic scales and hard lines of the dragon’s body. Touching the bony ridge of a long wing, she casts a look over her shoulder at Ikaro. She knew he was intrigued by the Desert guardian. If only it was because of this spectacle, and not her earlier comment. Turning back to Yael with a quirk in her brow, Nao watches as the mare reforms before them. “Teach me that trick and I’m all yours,” she remarks, a small tilt to her mouth that almost challenged, But if not...

It is Ikaro who answers Rhonan, though Nao laughs at his last statement (silver and smoke). She has half a mind to accept his offer. He is carelessly frank, and that in itself amuses her. “You’ve all given us much to consider.” He looks to each in turn before he turns to hold his sister’s gaze, quietly steady. “Perhaps if we were to discuss our choices in private?” The chestnut considers him a moment, the humor waning from the curve of her lips. Then she sighs, giving a toss of her pretty head before glancing over the trio a final time. “Yes, well, we wouldn’t want to keep you any longer, would we?” A last smile, soft and sharp all at once – her eyes upon Magnus longer than the rest. “And if we meet again, suffice it to say that you must have made an impression after all.”

And with that Ikaro turns, though Nao lingers a beat before she, too, moves off with a swish of her tail. Her hips sway subtly as she follows him, though she knows he won’t be far.

He never was.

nao § ikaro
    you could never feel my story, it's all you know
    i will not fold, she's in control of everyone and everything

so this is because I am actually really undecided about where I want them to go still >_<
    feel free to reply, or not, as I know it's taken me forever to get this response up. I promise they will show up with a post at one (or more) of your doors!
    PS. y'all are fantastic and I had fun with this. <333

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they all need something to hold on to; open - by Nao and Ikaro - 12-04-2015, 12:17 AM