• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Magnus, Mast]

Like a thorn to the holy ones

The blood bay stallion exhaled slightly, Magnus was willing to hear him out.  It wasn't that he was worried they wouldn't go for it- that anything...negative would happen. Nay, there were not many negative repercussions from Magnus or his king not liking his proposal. The stag had already decided there was a place for him here, at least for now. Magnus watched the internal cogs of the sandy stag's mind working through this situation. weighing the outcomes, digging through their conversation looking for any sign that He was being mislead. It wasn't a long pause but enough that told Nymphetamine that Magnus was truly considering letting him come to The Gates. Nymphetamine held his gaze toward the older stallion, wanting to exude trust, transparency. His spires perked as the stag spoke and directed him to follow, and so he did.

His daggers moved effortlessly through the foliage beneath him as he followed the stag over the terrain. The pace was easy to maintain, all the traveling he had done had him fit, capable. It wasn't too long a journey be he was glad is was over when they reached their destination. His deep pools looked around the entrance of the kingdom. He wondered how closely their charred lands were to his old homes. The fires here, the raid, the need to rebuild are all reasons he was putting this idea in motion, risking himself. He understood some, if not all this kingdom's torment. The kingdom itself would be lovely once it recovers and rebirths. Crisp spring air and cooler temperatures were good signs for the land. Rain and sun would help the land blossom even more so with the dead underbrush had been burned away. Logically he knew a burning could be good for land, positively effect the growth. Emotionally he knew the burnt lands were infuriating, tormenting their dreams and a crushing reminder of all their loss; a physical rendering of their emotional turmoil. 

The blood bay took a deep breath in, a slight charged scent in the air- another constant reminder- staying here would have infuriated him had he been a victim of the attacks. He had been a victim of a similar attack, but not this one, though it did stir his emotions. His nostrils flared as he took a few more breaths, readying himself for the conversations to come. There would be much to discuss if Magnus agreed to his idea, if his king agreed to his idea. The king, it was part of his worry. Would this king have the trust Magnus seemed to have found in him or would he take him as a liar and turn his deep set furry on him? The risk was there, but small, the worry was a consequence of his own mind. The breaths steadied him, allowed him to gain control of his own fretting mind, his own emotions. 

Nymphetamine guessed that Magnus would be more than ready to hear his proposal by now. He had kept the conversation light on their journey sharing an occasional story, but most time enjoying taking in the sights. Silence wasn't awkward for him- he had grown accustom to that Living among others would be grand change. He looked at the stag, and rolled his shoulders. This felt like a grand build up, and he felt he might disappoint, however he couldn't afford an enemy when he had no allies. His darkened maw parted, it was time to begin, if this king was like his father- he would know when there was a conversation he should join in on was occurring- so he did not wait for him.

Sorry for the fanfare, I thought it best to not risk anything since I do not know your full dealings with The Chamber. I do not wish to stall this any longer, so please, excuse my bit of a story. 

Before I spoke with you, there was a winged beast that approached me, Killdare I believe. He has tried to recruit me for the Chamber. I have yet to give an answer. I was wondering in thought when we started out conversation. I knew not of Chamber's actions, prior to you telling me, Magnus. I lost my own home, my own family due to a barbaric raid where fire was used to scorch our home.  Learning that Chamber had done to you what had been done to my home, well, I knew I couldn't truly go to Chamber.

The young stag took a breath, hoping Magnus didn't lose faith in him yet. that he was still open to hearing him out.  He searched his eyes for any sign of hardness, of him closing off; not really seeing anything, he continued.

Magnus, I have an idea, it could be risky; it could put Gates directly in Chambers cites again. I think the rewards could be just as great. I want to insert myself as a spy for Gates......in The Chamber.

Again the blood stallion paused momentarily, allowing this to work through the cogs of the sandy stag. There was no way of knowing what his thoughts were, but he hoped he wouldn't be laughed away. Turned off in a mess of....well, it doesn't matter. The words were out and he still had to explain why, why the gates could even possibly trust him.

I am new, I have no real connections here. I would say we are amicable but there would be no love lost if we parted ways. Chamber wouldn't expect some fresh faced young thing to invest himself like this- to take on the risk. But I want to, nay I need to. As I said I lost my family this way- through cruelty and fire- i lost my home. I connect with you and this kingdom through that experience. It is too late to save mine...but I can help you redeem yours. I hope you understand my need for privacy in this proposition.

The young stag fell silent. He had much more to say, thought that screamed to be released. He had said a lot- and maybe too much. His opinions and initial thoughts about how he would or would not stay or pledge an ever lasting oath of loyalty would wait. He had limited time before Chamber would be waiting for him... for his answer.

[ooc: muse overload- if i skipped around a bit I apologize- was hard keeping one fluid train of thought when there were ssoo many directions whirling.]

The Puppet Master: Nymphetamine 
    They see him: Blood Bay
    Ghosts within: Alkah-teke x Arabian 
    They Run From Him at: 16.2 
    He’s made it this far: 2 years 

Remember him by: He will always be a bit of a wander, and if he does settle down to one place or with one fae it will be later in life. He is sly and outgoing, and cares very much about family and keeping his word. He doesn't remember much of his family, but knows the fact he made it here to,well he isn't quite sure where here is, because of the sacrifice his parents made. Nymphetamine is the some of a pirate, if you will. The kind of horse that wanders into luck and fortune and seems to know the minute mischief is in the air. His father wasn't one to settle down either- until he met his mother. A fierce tongued fae with a dark heart, she understood and maybe even loved his father's distant, detached ways. Nymphetamine was very much a mix of his parents, fierce tongued and independent with a lucky streak to pull him through during rough times--or maybe stir things up.

Cold was my soul 
    Untold was the pain 
    I faced when you left me 
    A rose in the rain.... 
    So I swore to the razor 
    That never, enchained 
    Would your dark nails of faith 
    Be pushed through my veins again 

Bared on your tomb 
    I'm a prayer for your loneliness 
    And would you ever soon 
    Come above onto me? 
    For once upon a time 
    On the binds of your lowliness 
    I could always find the slot for your sacred key 

Six feet deep is the incision 
    In my heart, that barless prison 
    Discoulours all with tunnel vision 

Sunsetter... 
    Nymphetamine 

HTML Copyright To Tay.

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Magnus, Mast] - by Nymphetamine - 11-05-2015, 09:33 PM