• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that heart is so cold (group from the b2g thread)
    that would be this thread:
    http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?action=read&id=1427912227.59625&user=beqannatundra

when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

Though he knows Niklaus to be Ianto’s son, Errant has not had the heart to seek out the young stallion. He is not ready to know what has become of his only son. The black stallion was orphaned fairly young, but he still misses his parents from time to time; the pain of losing a child is worse than that. It is not so sharp as that of lost love (and how Errant knows that, too), but only because his children were important to him mostly as a result of their mother. Though Errant had always been the model Bachelor king, with a royal wife in a distant kingdom, he had been inexplicably fond of Lea, and misses her despite the decade since her passing.

When Niklaus speaks up, mentioning his mother but not his father, Errant holds back the questions that he might ask. They are for another, more private time. “Thank you Niklaus.” It is just as strange for him to be called grandfather as it must be for the younger stallion to say it. Though Errant knows of his grandchildren, he has met few of them. “I appreciate your support.”

He’s been watching the hoof prints in the snow grow closer, well aware that someone has landed nearby and is listening. Errant doubts that it is Brennen, but since the black horse doesn’t care if he is overheard he makes no attempt to discover who it might be, or why they are hiding. When Hurricane reveals himself, he seems to have the same quick plan that Kratos and Nihlus were so ready to perform.

“I doubt he’ll leave easily.” Errant answers, knowing that the question was posed to them all. “But I can make him.” He doesn’t say how; he lets them assume from the silver scars that cover nearly his entire left side.

“More than that,”he says, his voice a bit louder than it had been before, declarative but not demanding: “I do not think that madness or being a poor king are crimes deserving of a death sentence.”

When Hurricane’s gaze returns to his own, Errant considers not answer the question. It is not important, he thinks; even kings are entitled to lives of their own. “I had personal matters to attend to. I left my son Ianto and grandson Layton as my heirs, with my Commander* and Maester* as their guardians. It seems that was not my best decision. I will not make that same mistake again.” He’ll train his successor better, he has told himself; he will not leave them floundering.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

*so they weren’t those titles when it happened, but they are the titles now, so I used them Big Grin
    [Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    that heart is so cold (group from the b2g thread) - by Errant - 04-03-2015, 05:26 PM
    the walls kept tumbling down; - by Brennen - 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM