• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let go, and be { Mast & Anyone }

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

Flying in the winter air was noticeably different than flying during the summer. His muscles ached with the cold and his nostrils flared to drink in the clear air, but it was exhilarating to say the least. Magnus had never thought he would appreciate traits—he much preferred to trust in his own naturally-given strength—but he had learned to love the convenience of his eagle wings. If only because it made him that much more successful at patrolling the borders. It was easier to spot anyone coming from the air.

So it did not take him long to see the winged mare, clearly with child, coming to the Gates—nor did it take him long to see Becca on her way to greet her. The mare was becoming quite the asset to the kingdom; he wondered if she would soon join their peace caste. She clearly was gifted at diplomacy. Altering his flight, he swept toward the ground and landed in the frost near the two of them. Tucking his wings into his sides, grateful for the added warmth, he smiled as he walked the final feet toward the pair.

“Hello,” he greeted with a scarred smile, nodding his golden head toward Becca and then the newcomer. “My name is Magnus.” His ears twisted to listen to Becca’s line of questioning and his gold-flecked eyes warmed with pleasure and approval before he motioned toward the heart of the kingdom. “Perhaps you would like to come in further to the kingdom? It is warmer where the trees can shield from the wind.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Let go, and be { Mast & Anyone } - by Anahera - 11-28-2015, 08:53 PM
    RE: Let go, and be { Mast & Anyone } - by Becca - 11-29-2015, 12:48 PM
    RE: Let go, and be { Mast & Anyone } - by magnus - 11-29-2015, 02:24 PM