• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll burn this whole city down (Sunday, Scorch, any)
    Her sudden arrival does not go unnoticed. A good sign, she thinks - her sisters are clearly paying attention to their borders. She does not recognize the first mare that appears - a bay - but she smells strongly of the Jungle and so Lyris welcomes her presence with a friendly smile. “Thank you Sunday, I’m Lyris.” The second mare though, jogs something in her memory. Those flames … no one would forget them. “Scorch! It’s been a long time.” A very long time. Lyris had only been just out of childhood (and a new sworn sister) when she last saw the fiery warrior.

“Thank you, that’s most kind.” Not that she’d held a very high rank to begin with, but the offer is appreciated. “I’d like to eventually rejoin the army as well, but I would like to get some practice in first.” The last time she had come close to fighting someone she had set fire to part of the Valley. Granted that had been her father and he was well, an ass. But still, she needs practice before she gets close to a battlefield.

“Clearly a lot has happened since I was last here.” At first glance she had thought the kingdom the same as when she last saw it, but deeper in, she can see the changes. Dead trees pepper the Jungle, and the underbrush is surprisingly thin. Then there is the more obvious change in leadership - the last time Lyris had been here, Brunhild had still been queen. “Care to catch me up?”
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Reposted from old site Smile

Messages In This Thread
    I'll burn this whole city down (Sunday, Scorch, any) - by Lyris - 04-05-2015, 11:03 AM