• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the pulse that I've always needed (any)
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

“He’s gone,” Errant tells her, sensing that Kars is not what she most wants to talk about. For a while he is quiet, letting her absorb all of the knowledge of what has happened in the last decade.

“She had a good life,” Errant reassures Lea, sensing her sadness at their death of their dragon-like daughter. “She wouldn’t want you to mourn for her.” Lyric had lived a life like fire, bright and too short. He cannot imagine any other life for her though, and he had seen her more frequently than the other children. “Perhaps you can meet her children,” he says gently, “and Linnaea’s too.”

He had known, in his way, that she’d ask about the girl. “Linnaea has passed too. She had a good life in the Amazons though, and had a man who loved her.” It is the softer version of the truth, but one that he thinks might be best for Lea. She has only just returned from the ghost realm herself, after all, too much talk of death can’t be for the best.

“You don’t have anything to be sorry for,” He tells her, wrapping his neck around her and pulling her tightly to him. A stray hyacinth from his previous expression of flowers has somehow found its way into her mane, and he tucks it there a little more firmly. It’s orange, the precise shade of the flecks in her eyes. “You’re here now, and that’s what matters.” He’s said it before but he means it; Errant wants Lea to be certain that he does not blame her for her absence.

“Will you stay here, do you think?” He asks, looking out at the rolling hills of the Dale. It is a nice enough kingdom, he knows, but it is not his home. “You can come to the Tundra, too. I’d like to be able to see you all the time.” They had never spent enough time together before. They both had a kingdom to run, and while their time together was passionate (they have a half-dozen children as proof) it was not plentiful. “I’d make it warm, for you.” He adds with a smile, knowing that the chilly place is not exactly hospitable despite his loyalty to it.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're the pulse that I've always needed (any) - by Errant - 06-08-2015, 12:49 PM