• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

Slowly, ever so slowly, it begins to sink in.

Kirin is definitely not who he said he was.

She doesn’t quite get it at first though. Not even when Kersey calls her a whore and Kirin fails to defend her. Her first true inkling starts when Kirin turns on her and charges, spewing an anger that she’s never seen before.

Then he actually spits on her.

Carys instantly shrinks away, stunned and at a loss for words.

And finally, as he snaps at her about his child, she figures it out.

She’s been fooled by a monster.

She’s living with a monster.

She freezes, trembling, horrified. Is this it then? Is this all she’s ever going to be? A foolish girl taken in yet again by a cruel, violet stallion? A forever victim.

She jumps when Kirke detaches herself and toddles up along her mother’s side, flaring her tiny wings and bumping into Carys’ side. It startles her into action. Well, some sort of action.

She glances briefly at Kirin, afraid to meet his eyes. “O-ok Kirin.” Then she lowers her head to nuzzle at her daughter. “Come on, Kirke, let’s find somewhere comfortable to sleep.” Then she starts walking away, Kirke following, hoping that Kirin and his siblings will not join them.

She doesn’t cry. She’s all out of tears.

carys
    html by maat

Bah all my posts are so atrocious right now.

We don't have to continue this thread, I just wanted to write Carys' realization. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any - by Carys - 01-07-2016, 02:48 AM