• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh yeah I'm an ugly mess, not in the face, but in the head (any)

Much as he had expected, it doesn’t take long for a member of the Chamber to find him.

He eyes the blue mare with some interest as he approaches, red eyes inspecting the stranger’s odd colouration. He’s been rather isolated growing up, due to his mother’s prisoner status and her own wretched meddling, and he hasn’t seen many horses, let alone blue ones. He hadn’t even known that horses could come in blue.

His interest, however, shuts down the moment she opens her mouth.

His mouth hardens into a thin line, and if he’d had eyebrows, they would have been sky high. You are the fool here.” Did she not even bother to use her nose? They’ve never met of course, but she should be able to scent the Chamber on him. “I live here. I have for my entire life.” He wants to reach out and give her a good nip - maybe that would put some sense into her - but he thinks better of it. No need to escalate the situation … not yet anyway.

“And if anyone tried to set me on fire or eat me I daresay they would have had to contend with your queen, considering my mother is a captive here.” Not that he believes being the son of a captured queen gives him any special status. It just means that, if they were to eventually kill him, the raven queen would likely want it done very specifically, in such a way that sends a message. Not by some idiot member of the kingdom that can’t keep their shit together.

Of course, they’d be foolish to kill him really. Considering he’s so willing to join their ranks and walk in his father’s footsteps. If only Gryffen were here to mentor Zayn himself.

“I am Zayn. And I would like to join the ranks.” ‘If you can get your head out of your ass,’ he almost adds. This mare is not boding well for the intelligence of Chamber members.

Z A Y N

when the lone wolf dies, the pack survives

Art by Adam S Doyle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh yeah I'm an ugly mess, not in the face, but in the head (any) - by Zayn - 12-07-2015, 04:00 PM