• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With my speechless calm eyes - Hurricane
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

He had been eager to find Hurricane, eager to tell him the truth, eager to set some things into motion. But now he stands in front of the winged king he realises that things don’t come this easily. It’s not that he can blame Hurricane, after all, he had been send to the Tundra to spy on the kingdom. To inform the Chamber about what’s going on in the Tundra, settling himself in the kingdom while it was still weak. And although Brynmor hates to admit it, he knows he needs to prove himself, just as he knows he needs to be patient.

The king is right. His newly gained eyesight is the sole reason why the graying male had stepped forward to tell Hurricane the truth. Call him a coward, but it’s the truth. First it had seen helpless, he had thought of himself as helpless, but now.. Now he was finally able to stand up against his tormentors. And he would.

Brynmor cannot say that the question comes as a surprise. Honestly, the fact that it was delayed this long was more surprising. ”A genie granted my wish” he answers, the corners of his lips curling a little, knowing how strange it sounds. It was the truth, and a gift. ”She heard me say that I wished to see again, as I was fighting with myself, and tada, this was the result.” It wasn’t any different than that, just this simple. He had been arguing with his imaginary friend when Djinni had found him, and from one thing the other had come.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: With my speechless calm eyes - Hurricane - by Brynmor - 01-29-2016, 04:42 PM