• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i never knew; potion, capture, any
    "Everyone knows I am in over my head, over my head."
    He is slow, at first—gentle, even; but it’s hard to find a good rhythm when she insists on fighting back. She’s fierce and just as violent as he is; millions have been sacrificed to keep her content and she wants more still, always more. He intends to give her all she can handle tonight. Sweat glistens across his neck, he grits his teeth and lifts her up; higher and higher until her shadow stretches across the whole of the cove and the shore and the rest of the land starts to tremble. A large shark swims out of the darkness, it is briefly silhouetted by moonlight and quickly catches his eye. He almost loses control, then. The giant wave nearly drops, certain to crush all of the silly little fools but he gathers himself up and holds it steady. He won’t damage what belongs to him.

What they took.

“Thales,” he thinks.

His winged son ruffles his feathers in response, letting him know he’s listening.

“Go, now. Tell them. Bring it back or they all die.”

“Yes.”

Azriel doesn’t bat an eye when the man flies past him.

Thales doesn’t look back.

Seconds, minutes, an hour slips by and Azriel continues to stand as rigid as an old statue; his legs are shaking, his jaw is clenched so tight that it hurts, but he is patient. He wants his property back; he wants to teach it that it has a purpose far greater than it can even imagine. He saw what it did to the forest—he knows what it is, what it is capable of. A small smile spreads across his face as he turns his old brown eyes towards the mountain of a wave, caps of white spraying over the top and trickling down like rain; it can do this, as only a handful of them can. He couldn’t teach the others.

But this one, this one will be different.

He will pass on all of his secrets, he will tell it everything.

Everything.

Before the faeries come back with their dark magic and drag him off to the land of the dead.

Azriel suddenly feels weaker, though, and the wave shifts forwards; his knees feel like they’re going to buckle, they feel as wobbly as the day he was born and he acknowledges the scrape on the left when he hits the ground. The wave keeps coming forwards, he does his very best to hold it back; they’re all going to drown if he doesn’t. He tilts his head, his eyes feeling heavy; it’s still coming, he can hear the roar—louder now, louder, it’s almost like being caught in the middle of a thunderstorm. It lurches, though; there is a groan and the great wave begins creeping back out towards the ocean. He snorts, curling up in a ball to keep warm, his left front knee a bloody mess and his fluffy tail twitching irritably—almost like a cat. The colt drifts off to sleep.

Totally unaware of what has happened.

[Okay so, I hate this post but Potion made Riri a baby(ish maybe, however old Capture is idk). Please wait for Call to reply first. Big Grin Capture is his daughter but that is secretsecret and he will have no memory of being an adult and he's going to chill in the Cove as a baby. Capture also helped push back the tsunami so no one died. No one should know that unless Jenger says so.]

Messages In This Thread
    i never knew; potion, capture, any - by Azriel - 12-29-2015, 01:13 AM