• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

She’s been keeping to herself lately, hiding away from Kirin and his siblings. Finding out their true natures had been … more than a little bit of shock for her. Clearly she’d been a fool, to think that she’d finally found some happiness.

She hasn’t been able to avoid them entirely of course - with her belly growing by the day, they keep popping in to check up on her - but she’s managed to eke out a fairly quiet existence in the hills surrounding the cove.

She knows it won’t last for long though. She’s seen the looks the siblings give her. Once she’s no longer useful for producing children, she has no doubt that Kirin will give her to them.

And unfortunately, her time has come.

The labour pains hit in the middle of the night, and instinct quickly takes over. In under an hour, a little damp bundle lies in the grass at her feet. And then the labour pains begin again.

At first she thinks it’s just the afterbirth, but it soon it becomes clear that something else is going on. And within minutes, a second little bundle is lying in the grass.

Twins? TWINS?!

Carys gets to her feet and stares at the two shapes, momentarily stunned. She really hadn’t expected there to be two of them. Kirin will be pleased. Though she’s not sure that’s a good thing.

She steps over to clean them, smiling as more of them becomes visible. A little girl and a little boy, dark, with almost matching purple manes and tails. So similar. “Halocyn.” She nuzzles the girl, then turns to the boy. “Apothyx.” One, tiny little act of defiance - choosing their names themselves.

“Mother?” Kirke suddenly appears, slipping in along Carys’ side. “You have a brother and sister. Their names are Halocyn and Apothyx.” The girl cocks her head to the side, watching with interest. She takes a step forward and whuffles at them. “Hello.” Carys smiles weakly. It’s nice to see them interacting so … normally. That will end soon, no doubt. Kirin and his siblings will likely join them soon.

carys
    html by maat

Ugh, such crap. But I wanted to make sure there was something up for you prp. Smile

Messages In This Thread
    I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any - by Carys - 01-04-2016, 05:22 PM
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing, any - by Apothyx/Halocyn - 01-05-2016, 11:51 AM