• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as sneaky as the trickster god - mountain, any
    (Sorry this blows, I wanted to get this out before I left for the airport!)

"Your queen has kept much from you," I say, though it's not entirely a bluff. No, Scorch and I never discussed an alliance between the two of us - that is true. But her last time here we spoke at length, and a general treaty was agreed upon. One that she'd never mentioned breaking - not to me, anyways. I feel the start of an outburst bubble in my chest, but I am reminded of the way the men met it before. They are on my side, surely - firmly.

"I would love to challenge you for him," I say without a moments hesitation. "However, that is against Beqanna rules, so my hands are tied." My voice is smug, pleased with myself for knowing the rules inside and out. How hard can a battle be?

"It appears as though your steal has made our contract null and void, then, whether at your queen's knowledge or not. I simply will not put up with treachery from someone, especially one that cannot keep her own members informed." Not entirely a bluff...but a reach. The other stallion that approaches almost confirms my suspicion - this steal was not sanctioned.

But, it is valid, and its validity must be honored.

"It's such a shame your kingdom has sunk to such lows it must rip young children from their homes. As a kingdom, we have decided such actions are abhorrent." This is not a lie, was I not JUST reprimanded for this very action? They must stand by me then, if not for a show of strength, then surely because I am right.

I am always right.

"Now leave. Your presence disgusts me."
    I’ve been reading in National Geographic about the Natives of Papua New Guinea. They would go to war with a neighboring tribe, when they conquered them the winners would eat the vanquished tribe’s best warriors, their medicine man, and their chief. Do you think it's possible to take someone's power by eating their flesh? Or could you do it just by bathing in their blood?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as sneaky as the trickster god - mountain, any - by Mountain - 04-09-2015, 12:12 AM