• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as sneaky as the trickster god - mountain, any

M

O

U

N

T

A

I

N

Anything I say you lie along with me

Every song you sing is all because of me

I have said my piece and, as far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over. The mare continues to prattle on about her plans, her position, but I have already turned to walk away. It is the ultimate affront, in my opinion, to turn your back on someone while they are speaking. It shows how little you care about their opinion or what they mean to the kingdom. As far as we are all concerned the Amazons are no longer our friends - if they ever were. It would be a lie to say that I was not a little put out by Scorch's obvious disregard. I thought we were friends!

I have turned and am a good ten feet away, passed a few of the brothers, when the mare reveals her true intention.

Me.

I laugh, my back still turned to her. "I seem to be a little too old for your tastes," I say, amused. Of course she is attracted to me - why wouldn't she be?

It's then I feel the stab on my rear.

I turn to see her standing there, thorns long and slick with blood - my blood! - on her chest. Anger overrides the pain - irrational, childish. "How dare you!" I scream. I am now facing her, a mere centimeter from those long thorns. I should be more afraid but I am livid. "How dare you come into MY kingdom, steal one of MY children, and then dare ATTACK me?" My voice is high, angry, loud. Anyone in the vicinity can hear it.

"Men, seize her," I say, my eyes darting to whoever is nearest. We can wall her in, or we can drive her out, whichever. The pain is now seeping into my rump, moving along the fascial planes, really understanding what it means to be stabbed at least an inch deep by a thorn.

Anytime I cry you always laugh at me.

No matter what you do you belong to me

I’ve been reading in National Geographic about the Natives of Papua New Guinea. They would go to war with a neighboring tribe, when they conquered them the winners would eat the vanquished tribe’s best warriors, their medicine man, and their chief. Do you think it's possible to take someone's power by eating their flesh? Or could you do it just by bathing in their blood?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as sneaky as the trickster god - mountain, any - by Mountain - 04-13-2015, 09:50 PM