• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sapphire's Question
    [has been moved from trait genetics board]

(01-07-2016, 09:35 AM)~Sapphire~ Wrote: Okay, so.. I'm a little confused about this whole genetic traits thing (the language barrier doens't entirely help either). But if I would request this genetic trait thing for some of my ponies, what does this mean in the end?

I assume that the traits or the lack of won't change (my Haru currently doesn't have any traits for example and therefor I assume that that won't change, even though her parents have some), so what does it mean? Will it only be included in a different way to determine the baby's stats, if I would ever breed that character?

I love the idea of genetic traits, but the multiple ways of writing it down (TRAIT, TRAIT*, trait*, etc.) on top of the tag thing honestly confuses me. It's too much, I will always end up searching the trait genetic page again and again and in the end be still confused of what the results might mean.

If you request their trait genetics, that means you'll know for certain what traits they possess (or carry) and what their likelihood is of passing on these traits to their offspring. You do not have to learn the genetic code of your characters, but if you don't we won't be able to do more realistic inheritance of traits if and when you breed those characters.

No character will be given traits retroactively, so nothing about current characters will change. If you don't want to bother with the trait genetics of your horses that's totally fine; you don't have to. For those players that don't want to, we'll continue rolling for stats for foals the same way we always have Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Sapphire's Question - by kahzie - 01-07-2016, 10:22 AM
    RE: Sapphire's Question - by ~Sapphire~ - 01-07-2016, 10:32 AM
    RE: Sapphire's Question - by kahzie - 01-07-2016, 10:42 AM
    RE: Sapphire's Question - by Cassi - 01-07-2016, 11:08 AM
    RE: Sapphire's Question - by ~Sapphire~ - 01-07-2016, 11:19 AM