• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Cordis

there's no religion that could save me

no matter how long my knees are on the floor

i'll pick up these broken pieces 'til i'm bleeding

if that'll make it right

A reply is on his tongue when she leaps away from him, suddenly illuminating the night-field. The glow in his pale blue eyes is momentarily electrified, be it by the reflection of Cordis, or simply awe. His breath catches in his throat at the thought of what danger he is in, of what she must have gone through to be so against a simple touch, an innocent one. For a moment he stutters softly, staring at her with a newfound curiosity, intensity. Another moment passes, and his little black voice returns to existence.

"My apologies," He breathes, the scent of her suddenly thunderous and no longer dull. He figures that the two are interchangeable, when one knows no better. But he knows better now - what appears to be nothing, is in fact, everything. "But Cordis, what's keeping you here?" He's come full circle, touching base with their suicidal topics as though they are nothing but the grass beneath their hooves.

"I have my family, the rain, my skinchanging..."
    His shapely bay head tilts slightly to the side and upwards, as the mare is far older than he. If only she knew.
    "...What do you have? Besides the lightning."
    An obscure, unbalanced smile breaks the solemnity of his face. If only I wanted her to.
    "I know you have the lightning, as I have the rain."

Thoughts of further apologies cloud his head, but a shake of it clears them. He is merely curious about her lightning, about her life, about her love, Spyndle, who he has yet to meet but oh, meet her he will. The volcanic smile dwindles back to the blankness of before, the canvas of black. Only his eyes betray his desires, for he shall never be able to control them. Just as her eyes taste like ash created by her lightning, his taste of drowning. Ever drowning, be it in curiosity, love, or sorrow. As he gazes at her, expectantly waiting for diligent answers, he figures that perhaps she is drowning, too.
    Nihlus
    rain manipulating rabbit son of Sinder & Noori

Messages In This Thread
    Cordis - by Nihlus - 04-07-2015, 12:58 AM
    RE: Cordis cont from B2G - by Cordis - 04-07-2015, 10:23 AM
    RE: Cordis cont from B2G - by Nihlus - 04-23-2015, 02:53 PM
    RE: Cordis cont from B2G - by Cordis - 04-28-2015, 06:00 PM
    RE: Cordis - by Nihlus - 05-06-2015, 07:18 PM