• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The tolling of the bells... ROUND I

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

He had always known the forests of the Chamber was teeming with secrets.

Often times he thought he heard a hushed whisper, only to find nothing but the swaying of the pine trees. The trees were always swaying whether there was a breeze or not. They were like dancing skeletons, though oddly enough he always sought solace amongst their limbs. Despite the foreboding nature of the forest, it was his home. The mist caressed him like no lover ever could.

Today was different though. Today, the forest was quiet. The silence seemed to press in on him from all directions. It was heavy and oppressive, and for a moment his ears strained to the point of pain. Even the fog was still, hanging thick and heavy just above the ground. He fought his natural instincts to turn and run, using his warriors logic to overrule his simple equine brain. Instead he pressed forward, surprised when he slipped into the mist instead of meeting resistance. Deeper into the forest he traveled, his ears swiveling uselessly atop his head. Clearly there was nothing to hear despite his best efforts to do so. The darkness closed around him and soon his eyes were straining along with his ears. Only his sensitive whiskers and hide kept him from losing his way completely. Just when he was about to admit defeat, there was a sound. It was a sound unlike anything he had ever heard and certainly not here in the Chamber. It was a bright ringing sound, almost merry but eerie all the same. It didn’t belong here and perhaps he should have turned, but curiosity is a dangerous beast indeed.

Louder and louder the sound came while farther and farther he traveled. Surely he had crossed out of the Chambers borders though the landscape had remained stubbornly the same. There was still nothing but the ringing sound, not even a flicker of light from the sky. Finally though there is a break, and the stallion stopped- hesitated. He is a stranger to hesitation, it does not suit him, but he knows that it is the right thing to do, for the creature he sees is unlike anything he had ever seen before. Beqanna was full of oddities, and even his own horns and glowing blue chest were strange in their own right. But this…this thing was a whole different beast. A lamb-like creature, its size unassuming, but Warship knew better. Size was never a guarantee of power. Slowly he approached, his nostrils flaring to draw in the scent (a hopeless venture; he could smell nothing). He noticed the other horses but paid them no mind; it was the lamb that had his gaze. All at once the silence returns, and his ears begin to ring from the pressure of it. It doesn’t last though; too soon a booming voice filled his head, making his ears flatten to his head in displeasure. He blinked once, twice, before noticing the creature was gone. His gaze stays where it was though, and an appraising look came over his handsome face. Though he was still apprehensive, he was no coward.

“Very well. I accept.”

warship

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The tolling of the bells... ROUND I - by Warship - 01-13-2016, 10:49 PM
    I haven't come to say I'm sorry; - by Rhonen - 01-14-2016, 02:34 AM
    RE: The tolling of the bells... ROUND I - by elve - 01-14-2016, 01:22 PM