• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Scorch quirks a brow at Errant’s obnoxious eye roll. ”Things must be worse than I can imagine, big brother,” She quips in a gravelly voice. While she understands what stress he must be going through, it is quite an ordeal to be the sibling with more composure. Besides the fact that the two grew up as knowing each other as only have siblings, Scorch has always considered Errant to be the ‘less fun’ or alternatively, ‘more mature and boring’ one. Apparently, she was wrong.

Scorch gives a nod when Errant seals them in, though it also seals in his sour mood. The fire-sister feels like chuckling, but knows now is not the time, despite her little joke. Instead of commenting on his graceful manners and how gentlemanly he has become in his old age, Scorch concentrates on his words. Irritated nerves replace her mirthful ones, and suddenly the night seems far darker. Lagertha has been stealing children. Not only that, she’s been stealing Scorch’s children’s children.

Instead of replying, Scorch growls in her throat just as Errant disappears. The flames on her hairless skin dash to and fro as she weighs her options, though a conclusion is already dawning on her thoughts. Regardless of what Errant’s wishes may be, she’ll send Nihlus back. She is not Echion – she will not have her family forsaken.

The Khaleesi glares into the air where Errant had stood moments ago, preparing herself to spend the night in the aura of her own anger when Pharaon draws her out of it. She’d nearly forgotten of the petite gray’s presence, though it is an honest mistake. Considering the news which they’d just learnt, Scorch has every right to be within herself.

But this is Pharaon we’re talking about – it would not go well should Scorch allow her temper to seep through her words. Pharaon, like many others occupying the Jungle in this era, is a gentle soul. Scorch attempts to placate her anger before replying, though her voice still holds brusque and irate tones.

”Of course I do. He’s not always like this.” Her broad shoulders roll, attempting to relieve the stiffness which has been there ever since her crowning. ”That is to say, he’s an honourable man regardless of how knotted his knickers are.” Violet eyes turn to meet Pharaon’s with her next phrase. ”I’ve known him for decades. He’s one of the best horses I’ve met, and one of the best kings, too.” The praise comes out spitefully, though genuinely. She’s never been good at giving compliments, I'll have you know.

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - any - by Scorch - 04-07-2015, 04:56 PM
    RE: DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - any - by Scorch - 04-19-2015, 03:21 PM