• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you set my soul alight
    GLACIERS MELTING IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT AND
    THE SUPERSTARS SUCKED IN THE SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE

She snorts derisively at him and immediately accuses him of lying. He stares, bewildered, as she denies his words. But he truly didn’t realize that his words did indeed contain untruths when it came to describing what she had observed. The miraculously healing wings weren’t anything that stuck out to the young boy for most things seemed to fix themselves around him. He just hadn’t ever taken the time to wonder about these things; it was a normal facet of life in his eyes.

For a brief moment, it seems her tirade has settled and she eyes him with a smug look in her eyes. He takes a startled step back towards the crashing waves behind him when her garishly-colored wings stretch out to their fullest length and flap a couple of times. He can’t help but watch their movements as they are something that’s he’s only ever seen placed on those of the Aves class and she certainly didn’t fit into that category.

But that moment of relative calm was fleeting before she was back to tearing into him once again with narrowed eyes and a running commentary of pointed questions that he didn’t have the answers for. She was loud and in his space – an entirely new experience for the boy who only had his somewhat absent mother as his only companion in life.

He sighs exasperatedly at her.

I don’t even know if it’s me doing anything to begin with. But sure, let’s test it out. First, let me just pull out a bunch of your feathers for the sake of the experiment.

Of course, he was merely bluffing. He wouldn’t actually go out of his way to meticulously hurt someone like that. The mere idea seemed absurd to him. But he tried to convey a quiet seriousness in his tone that might plant some reservations about him within that little brain of hers.

WARNER
    (michaelis x orani)

Messages In This Thread
    you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-25-2016, 12:19 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 01-25-2016, 03:39 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 02-21-2016, 01:31 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-29-2016, 01:11 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 04-10-2016, 10:11 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 04-28-2016, 12:04 AM