• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you set my soul alight

peel away the layers till you're nothing and no one

The boy still seems utterly confused, and she’s starting to wonder if he'd actually been telling the truth. But how the hell could he have not known? To have such a wonderful, incredible ability within his grasp and to not know about it? Is he an idiot?

“Weirdo? Do you not understand how amazing of an ability that is? I would kill to have something like that …” That’s not even an exaggeration. If she had a way of getting Warner’s healing ability and it meant she had to kill him for it, she would do it, no questions asked. She would give anything to be as special as him or Potion. Anything.

He’s sulking now, staring at her. She rolls her eyes right back. “Happy? You’ve had this crazy ability all this time and not even realized it? What’s wrong with you?!” She stalks away from him right up to the edge of the cliff and gazes out to see, brown eyes glazing over. Nothing she does has ever been good enough. Nothing she does will ever be good enough. Potion will always be the darling, just because of her ability. No matter how hard Kirke works, she will never measure up.

What’s the point in dwelling though?

She spins back around and bears down on Warner. “I wonder how powerful you are. Do you think you could heal a broken leg on a horse? Or … do you think you could maybe even bring someone back from the point of death?” Unfortunately this isn’t one they can really test out, unless Uncle Kult brings home any new toys any time soon. But it’s certainly interesting to think about.

kirke

Messages In This Thread
    you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-25-2016, 12:19 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 01-25-2016, 03:39 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 02-21-2016, 01:31 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 02-29-2016, 01:11 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 04-10-2016, 10:11 PM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by warner - 04-28-2016, 12:04 AM
    RE: you set my soul alight - by Kirke - 05-15-2016, 12:57 AM