• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..."
    Raxa, having settled down a moment, quietly listened to Djinni as she shared why she had left her home. It was startling, to hear that she had decided to come back with this place while her parents had left the kingdom. If that had been Raxa, she would've leaped at the chance to stick with her family, but that was her opinion. Who's to say anyways that it would've worked out like that? With Raxa's luck, even if given the chance to leave, her parents wouldn't have wanted her company.

The brindled mare could tell that Djinni seemed to be in thought now, about whatever, Raxa did not know. Perhaps she was briefly considering her future in this land now? Where would she go? Would she seek out another kingdom to join its... ranks? Or would she settle for joining a herd, content living out her days as a mother to the many foals stallions would no doubt have her sire for them?

The thought of that last one made Raxa want to squeal in irritation, but she held it in; no need to get Djinni worried or excited about anything that wasn't worth such thoughts.

Raxa thought that things were going well up until this point, when Djinni overstepped the brindled mare's personal boundary. She had hoped the question would never be asked of her, but also cursed her own carelessness. Of course Djinni would've thought to ask such a question, given that Raxa had asked the same one not moments ago.

A sigh escaped her as Raxa's wall closed off once more. She gave Djinni a hard look, her ears tilting back, the muscles in her back tightening.

"Let's just say I wasn't welcome because I was considered... they didn't think I was normal, and I had no reason to stay."

Without another word, Raxa turned and began to walk off, clearly wanting the subject to be closed.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: "Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..." - by Raxa - 02-02-2016, 01:07 PM