• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Born to be a daredevil. (Any and all)

We are at war. There will be scars.

It would take more than that to offend Erebor. He's got a pretty thick skin – it's part of the training that all would-be charming horses must undergo. They have to learn how to let everything bounce off them, to only be effected when it suits them. That is the art of being charming; to be so convincingly false, so incredibly structured, that no one even suspects it's anything but who you are.

He's no expert, but he's getting there quickly.

And so when she says there's something strange about him, he simply gives her a little smile and answers easily. "You mean I'm a bit young for this?" he asks, humor in his voice. "The Chamber welcomes anyone to its ranks, even someone as young as I am." His voice is congenial, pleasant, and arguably out of place on a horse so young.

He falls silent as the mare and other stallion speak their piece. It is his first time seeing the recruiting process, and he is very interested. The round robin style of the conversation, the different tactics that his fellow recruiters choose to take, all of it fascinates him.

And then it's his turn. "I could tell you about the Chamber like Pharaon told you of the Amazons and Texas of the Falls, but I'm curious." he pauses, his eyes watching her. "What is it you want from a home, Dauntless? What are you looking for?"

It seems a reasonable enough question to the boy. There's been a lot of telling her what each home has to offer, but there's been very little asking her what she'd like to see.

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

Messages In This Thread
    Born to be a daredevil. (Any and all) - by Dauntless - 04-08-2015, 11:50 AM
    RE: Born to be a daredevil. (Any and all) - by Dauntless - 04-09-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Born to be a daredevil. (Any and all) - by Erebor - 04-17-2015, 12:12 AM