• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Every you, Every me ( Ghoest / Anyone)

{i remember how it burns}
    {slowly like a cigarette}
    This was proving to be more difficult than she had ever imagined.

The roaned mare pulled herself forward, finally re-emerging into the social world. She hadn't even attempted to talk to another soul since Khaos died, leading her to leave Silver Cove before his sons had a chance to keep her there. It had been years and Ghoest could still hear his cold voice everywhere she went, she could still see that metallic body glimmering slightly in the sunlight. But finally the pressures of living alone were getting to her; the fae simply could not take care of herself anymore.

At this point, she was thin once more, though not quite holding the resemblance of a skeleton yet. Ghoest had spent all this time avoiding any contact at all with another stallion, for fear that he might punish her. For what? she didn't know, but no other stallion in her past had necessarily needed a reason other than that Ghoest never seemed to be good enough. And now, maybe she wouldn't even be able to find a stallion that would want her, with a giant "K" scarred across her left side, grayed and hairless. Khaos had told her it was so that everyone else would know she was his, but what should she do now that he was gone? Get another letter carved into her other side? That didn't seem like a good plan.

Her legs moved, drawing her towards the forest, a place she had wandered through before but never stayed or communicated with anyone. A snapping of twigs nearby jolted the mare, freezing her in place with her auds perked forward and nostrils flaring. While her impulse was to run, it had been beaten into her to stay put, and running always seemed to make things worse. Taking in a breath, she noted that while it was another horse, it was also a mare. A wanderer like herself? Perhaps. Still, she wanted to bolt, to flee away as a blur, never to be seen again by this equine. But she stayed, her obedience far too ingrained into her. Instinctively, Ghoest lowered her head slightly, and waited to see if the mare would come to her or wander past, ignoring the roan completely.
    tags Vianne, 374 words. notes, blehhh it'l get better i swear haha.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Every you, Every me ( Ghoest / Anyone) - by Ghoest - 02-01-2016, 12:19 PM