• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you could have it all; my empire of dirt. [any]

everyone i know goes away in the end
       The muscles that ripple and roll beneath his taut, scar-tainted skin settle and release, the tension ebbing away as he views the winged stallion visibly ease before him. His crimson gaze bores into him as he takes in his every twitch, flinch and breath - there is much to learn and know of someone by the way their body moves and responds in any given situation, and this is no exception. He can sense that between his soft-spoken words is a mind with turning gears, and there is little he wouldn't give to be able to know his thoughts. Words are not altogether necessary, however - he can feel Brennen's golden eyes observing his curvature, the lines of his jaw and the slope of his spine - assessment. Undoubtedly, for war. What good is brotherhood without a formidable force to protect it? He would have to be incredibly daft to not know that he himself is an intimidating force to be reckoned with, in force and power.

War is something to be calculated, to be carefully weighed - but at times, a necessary evil. He understood this, and the many scathing marks on his flesh were a constant reminder of the emotional and physical repercussions of violence. Nonetheless, if asked, he would not refuse and (in actuality) would be more than eager to partake in military action and would gladly volunteer. It had been too long since he had felt a purpose, since he had felt he was more than wasted oxygen.

"I have lived a few lifetimes, Brennen," he says quietly as his gaze finally breaks away to observe the sharp lines of ice and stone, taking in the frigid landscape. The cool, brisk air stings within his lungs, and he breathes heavily again. "I remember the days of Skellig, of Basque, of Yorke. I am familiar with the lands, and with their function. It was a lifetime ago, but I remember it all clearly .." 

His voice trails off for a long moment. His gaze raises to meet his again.

"Much has changed, but I assume much is still the same. I look forward to knowing more. Lead the way."

offspring

Messages In This Thread
    you could have it all; my empire of dirt. [any] - by Offspring - 02-06-2016, 10:54 PM
    you could have it all; my empire of dirt. - by Offspring - 02-07-2016, 12:45 AM
    you could have it all; my empire of dirt. - by Offspring - 02-13-2016, 09:26 PM