• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"If God created a creature more beautiful than the horse, he kept it for himself")
    This was the way the night had cashed in. Choices had been made and things happened, and here we were. It was sad, and funny. My life was made of this. Stuff like this.

He could hear her turn to look at him and with a curious twitch of the lips he patiently waited through the silent period of her observation. He knew what she was doing. That she was taking in his unusal color, his unusual markings and wings. And he knew she would soon come to find the lack of eyes within his skull. But there was something different. Something unusual to her response. Not an ounce of surprise or fear surrounded her. Not that he could sense anyway and with a soft chuckle he relaxes a bit more.

It's not as though he would care if she minded, but it was quite different to find someone who wasn't effected in the least by his unusual traits. And the way her voice rang calm and clear through the space between him immediately had the corners of his lips twitching upwards in a slightly larger smile. "Ah, well that I am glad to hear, Iona," he chuckles softly. "It is quite nice to meet you by the way."

He rolls his shoulders slightly, his wings tucking against his sides a bit more snugly. "Forgive me if I seem a bit awkward it's been a while since I've traveled outside the borders of my home." He smiles apologetically before rolling his shoulders again, but this time in a soft shrug. And then he continues his voice smooth and relaxed, "I came here in search of those in need of homes with the ability of offering them a place to go."

He pauses momentarily allowing her to process what he's saying. "If you are indeed searching, I come from a kingdom known as the Valley. My fellow member Rhonan and I are working dutifully in trying to rebuild our numbers and if you would like to come and see our home to determine whether or not it would be a good fit for you, then we would love to have you."

Ah, how bliss is the awkward nature of a stallion at such an old age. "A kingdom is much different then herd life in many ways. We allow rankings, in both war and peace in which our members are allowed to choose. We give our members the ability to work up fairly through those ranks and make a name for themselves... And if that doesn't seem fun to you, we do allow those to remain simply as residents..."

He pauses once more to take a few breaths. "Our kingdoms are also ruled by kings and or queens and they tend to run the show. Not just a stallion... (another pause) If this seems a bit interesting to you, I'd gladly take you back, show you around and you can, like I said earlier, stay for a while to see how you feel about it. But it's up to you." It wasn't great, his little speech. Seems like he was definitely a bit rusty since his ruling days. And that was one thing he wasn't about to admit to the girl just yet. That the very kingdom he was inviting her to he had once sat as king within.

No, no. He wasn't ready for that. Not yet. Maybe not ever. For now he was most concerned about finding new and dedicated faces for the Valley.

demian

carnage x adalind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: "If God created a creature more beautiful than the horse, he kept it for himself") - by demian - 02-11-2016, 06:40 PM