• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - Anahi, any

But the night fades away and gives way to the day

It had been a bit of time since the young mare had last seen Rhy, her guardian/adoptive mother, and she wonders if this was because the older female was off visiting the Field.  The notion makes her think back to the day Rhy had found her in the Den, where she'd ended up after wandering off from her mother in the middle of the night on a self-appointed quest.  She had never seen Shadowsilk again after that night, and her memories of the unicorn mare were becoming few and faded things, kept up on a high shelf and looked upon, but not to be taken down and played with lest they break from their fragility.  Rhy was her mother now, in all ways except blood, and that was not always a binding tie.  There were foals who lived with their birth parents, lived unhappy and tragic lives.  Not that Shadowsilk had been such a parent, but blood was not always best.  

Deciding to try and see if the gold and white mare had returned to the Jungle from wherever it was she had gone off to, Draconis ventures to the main gathering area.  It seems luck is on her side today, for as she meanders through the open space, so rare in this tropical kingdom, she spots Rhy, along with another mare who she doesn't recognize. Perhaps she was a new recruit?  The fire-breathing girl advances towards them, smiling. She had attended a certain meeting while Rhy was away, and she watches the gold and white mare for her reaction to the tiny flower and dragon that now adorned Draconis' ebony chest, hoping that she has made her adoptive mother proud by pledging herself. She nickers a greeting to the two before her, before speaking aloud. "Mother!  Hello, welcome home.  " She turns her attention towards the unfamiliar mare.  "Hello, I'm Draconis.  Are you new here?  What's your name?  Welcome to the Jungle, I hope you like it here.  "

Draconis

For what else is the night to do?
    Photograph by Isabel Mansfeld

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - Anahi, any - by Rhy - 02-18-2016, 03:40 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Anahi, any - by Anahi - 02-19-2016, 03:51 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Anahi, any - by Draconis - 02-21-2016, 03:27 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Anahi, any - by Rhy - 02-23-2016, 11:03 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Anahi, any - by Anahi - 02-25-2016, 06:34 AM