• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - lagertha
    ooc - sooo I am frikken lazy and am not willing to write two whole posts, so here I am writing to myself in one post. Sorry!! Sarah, Lagertha can totes still reply after Smile Also, no html because... no. ALSO. I just read that this is a diplomatic steal, so I edited it so that Nihlus is coming out of his sheer will to be a dick rather than by force Smile I didn't want to delete it all because I still want lag and scorch to talk <3

Nihlus follows Lagertha to the Jungle, teasing her along the way. Even if it was a 'diplomatic steal,' he still intends on bugging the shit out of her. She did attack his king - which he's grateful for - but hell, he's far too interest in bugging Lagertha, and meeting Scorch. "I hope you don't mind me joining you back home, I've family business, you know." He's a colt, and has no intention of behaving like anything else. For once, he is not cynical or sarcastic or sinisterly gay. He is rambunctious, running ahead and then shifting into a rabbit to hide in a bush. It really was quite hilarious, whether Lagertha cared to chase him or not. In the end, he shifts back into a horse form and follows her. When the humidity starts to set in, Nihlus snorts. It really is too hot here, even if he was bred to live here. Rain begins to soak the two horses - absolutely dumping from the skies like a none-stop waterfall from the heavens - and Nihlus grins obnoxiously. If you can't beat the humidity, make it worse. I mean, the rain was positively warm. Yuck.

~

Scorch waits patiently on the edge of the  Jungle, not having slept since Errant's visit the night before. She'd been planning on doing what he demanded, but knowing what lies on the precipice of her words, she's eager to get it over with. What she is not eager for however is interaction with Lagertha, but so be it. Her General has done well in getting a successful steal, and Scorch will respect that. But Lagertha knows and even voted on an alliance with the Tundra - perhaps she had some exterior motive. Scorch seeks to find out.

Her grey general and her yearling nephew arrive in a torrent of rain, one which the Jungle direly needs. It has been positively dry ever since the demon blizzard. Flicking her scraggly tail, Scorch waits patiently until they've come right up to her, just beneath the first of the trees.

~

"Khaleesi Scorch - or should I say Grandma." The colt tosses his sopping forelock fabulously. "I've come to be your slave for the next year. Never thought I'd actually meet you, but hell, I guess there's no better way than by force." Grinning, the rain-blackened colt stretches out his foreleg. "Surely you know that Noori has had triplets. I'm -"

~

"You're Nihlus, and your siblings are Cerva and Daemron. I am well informed, dear grandson." Her voice is hard, as the situation she's come into is rather awkward, especially with Lagertha standing right there. "As it is, I am returning you to the Tundra. We have no need of slave labour from our allies. You be sure to tell Errant that. Now begone."

~

Nihlus quirks a brow at the sudden harsh words. Unperturbed, the handsome colt bows deeply to Scorch, and then equally as deeply to Lagertha. "As you wish. Pleased to meet you both. Perhaps I will visit again someday, though I've no interest in women." Winking saucily, Nihlus whirls about and departs for home, happy as could be. The drama really does suit the man when he lets it.

~

Sighing as her grandson departs, Scorch turns to face Lagertha. "I'm sorry to have borne something quite so set on annoying you." Snapping her thin tail, Scorch settles her weight. "I'm also sorry to have to send him back without even a tour. Errant demanded it." No more secrets, she's told herself. Even with the ones who deserve it least. "But I'm pleased that you managed to steal so successfully. If you'd like, I may reward you with a trait. Otherwise, I say well done."

"I've also come to ask what your intentions were in going to the Tundra, and what all happened. Errant isn't one for random family get togethers." Her voice is genuinely interested, and almost friendly. Scorch really does not want to start a war between the General and herself, no matter what the world wants to believe.
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - lagertha - by Scorch - 04-10-2015, 05:56 PM