• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - rhy

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Rhy gives her the go ahead seamlessly, her light tones playing tricks in Scorch’s ears. The fire-sister is unsure of whether her Avthillar is eager to hear about her heritage or continuously displeased with the work Scorch has done. Either way, she does not hesitate. Permission is permission, regardless of the emotions beneath.

”I know you’re wanting more stories about Kagerou, but those will come. For today, I’m just going to take time and indulge in my past, so please, take a seat if you grow weary from my ramblings.” A sharp chuckle accompanies the opening quip, one which dares her to do anything of the sort. In a good natured buddy-buddy way, of course.

”Only my Erinak knows about my childhood, but that doesn’t matter now. When I was born, it was on the borders of the Jungle, to the current Desert Queen, Katriel.” A pause here would be dramatic, but she rams through the story in one whole piece as she is prone to doing. ”I was born with two others, I might mention. While Katriel rested after such a long labour, Echion came and switched her own newly born twins with two of Katriel’s triplets. Myself and my brother Crito, who lives his little hermit life in the Tundra.”

Now Scorch pauses, unsure of whether to grin or show her weakness and shudder. In the end, she does both, shaking out her mane roughly and with something akin to a grimace. ”That’s why I said what I did in the Deserts. I should have rightly grown up there…” Her dragon eyes search Rhy’s for a moment before dropping to her chest, to the ferocious red flower surrounded by living flame. ”…But I’m glad I didn’t. However badly Echion managed to treat me because she resented me for not being her own blood, I’m glad I landed up here. This is where I’m meant to be.”

And rightly so, Scorch my dear. You’ve become something of a legend, creating legacies for your vast progeny to uphold. A Queen born of two Queens and a King, a continuation of the past which others are loath to forget with her on the throne. She is magnificent, but sometimes, she questions that. As she meets Rhy’s gaze once more, it’s evident in the shaky blue colour of her eyes. She questions everything she’s become, and who is to blame her? Her first ten years of life were based on lies and treachery, and death, too. She never managed to properly meet Katriel as her own mother, and by the time she knew, Echion was dead, too. No matter how foolhardy or batshit crazy everyone seems to think that she is, Scorch is mostly just a fat ball of anxiety and rage. The two together are incredibly unhealthy – but putting them to a purpose has helped. She’s lent her emotions to the Jungle completely, she’s sacrificed a life she knows she could have had to be here, now. And yet, now that she’s reached her goal, she knows that eventually, she’ll leave it behind. The crown will come off of her head, and the pride she knows she’s given all three of her parents will seem unimportant. She’s done all of this for Echion, truly, but when the time comes for her to be ousted or murdered or simply to step down, what all will it matter? She doesn’t know. And that frightens her.

”It’s a miracle that Arcteryx was my father regardless of who my mother happened to be. Any more confusion and I might’ve died.” The quip is weak, though it does not sound so in the husky armour of her voice. She rouses herself slightly, straightening her shoulders with the next phrase. ”But enough about me. Is there anything in specific you’re curious about? In case you haven’t noticed, I’m an open book.”

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - rhy - by Scorch - 04-10-2015, 06:20 PM
    RE: DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - rhy - by Rhy - 04-18-2015, 06:14 PM
    RE: DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - rhy - by Scorch - 04-20-2015, 05:09 PM
    RE: DESOLATION COMES UPON THE SKY - rhy - by Rhy - 05-04-2015, 04:08 PM