• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers;

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

I woke up this morning in a cold sweat, dreaming of the Desert.

It was not an unusual dream, but it was one that has been occurring with alarming frequency. Today, I tell myself, today I will go back.

And so I do, but it takes time. The sun is high and hot on my pale back by the time I reach the wall. This is new, I think. This had certainly not been here the last time I had visited; perhaps the rumors of war are true after all, and the Desert has begun to erect fortifications. It is likely the work of Yael, I assume.

I make my way down the length of the wall until I find an archway, and judging from the recently disturbed sand, I am not the only one to come this way. The prints I leave are equal in size to te gargantuan hooves that I pass, though my feet leave four-toed paw prints rather than crescent moons.

One through the gateway, I can see my predecessor all too clearly. I have known him since before I was born, but I have lived nearly half my life now without his presence beside me. The last I heard he had gone North, ready to serve our grandfather’s kingdom. Has he been there this whole time, I wonder? Why had he not come with Yael had summoned us? These questions – and a thousand more – swarm like flies around my head, but as I draw up next to him and lower my head for a drink, all I say is: “It’s been a long time, brother.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; - by Kreios - 02-24-2016, 04:47 PM