• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

darkness is coming to swallow the light; pollock
    I looked at my mother dear, didn't even crack a smile.
    Said if woman don't kill me I don't mind dying.
    Screaming.

The jaguar king is screaming.

His screams rip through his throat and into the surrounding space of the forest as the jaguar spotted stallion crumples to his knees and his body begins to feel like it's burning from the inside out. His body contorts in strange ways as he twists and turns trying to alleviate the pain that is ripping through him. Slowly the Magic seeped from the earth and up and around Demian, slipping into his ears nose and mouth filling him with gift from the Valley.

Great gifts always came at a great price.

Especially ones that were returned after being stripped away. It took close to an hour for the process of the fire to return and fill him before tying back to his soul once more. The king's breath was heavy as he laid out on the cool ground of the forest, the smell of dirt filling his nostrils as he blew heavily, kicking the dirt up slightly. His sides rose heavily and for a while he spent time focusing on his breathing, slowly taking deep breaths until his heart rate returned to normal.

Breathe.

He thought the word over and over until finally his breathing slowed as well and his lungs no longer burned with every breath. As soon as everything became more clear, Demian suddenly realized the warmth that was spreading through him, spreading through and up his limbs like an intricate web. Even more slowly it filled his center and spread through his organs before finally spreading up his neck and up into his head and across his face.

The last to be touched then were his wings. Feeling the warmth gave him an extra jolt of energy and quickly he moved to his feet, his head light and airy causing a strong sense of dizziness as a burst of warmth spread through him, quickly taking his breath away. It was then that the tips of his feathers burst alive with blue, green and purple flames making it look as though he were speckled with tiny little flames.

It was soon after that the flames went out, slowly making their way back inside and then traveling further up, weaving their way towards his sockets. Slowly the worked to form a set of eyes in the King's empty sockets and with a new sense of calm Demian allowed the fire to do it's own thing, a strong sense of happiness filling him. The pain had most certainly been worth the result. And it took only minutes before he was finally seeing once more. Though it was all in smoke and flame he could make out the close surrounding trees, the soft earth, the wild growing foliage. Looking around slowly he turned in a slow circle, taking in the close by sights before stopping his tracks as he caught sight of a face in the hazy background.

"Hello."

It was all that he said. He wasn't exactly sure if he was actually seeing anyone. From experience he knew that his sight by fire wasn't always reliable. And so he waits to see if he's wrong. Waits to see if someone is actually lurking in the shadows.
    D E M I A N
    html copyright to the lovely call

Messages In This Thread
    darkness is coming to swallow the light; pollock - by demian - 02-25-2016, 12:03 AM