• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So you wanna play with magic? PEVENSIE
    We do what we must,
    Because we can.

There is so much to discuss, so much to talk about between the two of them, Camrynn knows that these questions will need answering, and she hopes that the answers are good enough. Pevensie is one of few horses in the world to whom Camrynn would prefer not to lie. There is something so good about the mare, so sweet that she just can't bring herself to do it. She would, if necessary, for the good of the kingdom. But she wouldn't ever do it capriciously.

She moves across the sand like she is born for it, her black body flowing smoothly across the vast expanses. She knows where to look for her adoptive mother, finding the places where the light bends to reveal the milky buckskin. True to her word to Yael, she is older now, black as night, no markings on her slender, pretty body save for the one placed there by the Deserts. The crook and flail stand out even more proudly against the darkness of her skin, a sharp gold against dark black.

When she spots her fellow queen, she dips her head in acknowledgement. Her eyes today are gold, gold like Yael, like the Deserts sand. "Pevensie." she greets with a gentle smile. It was actually habit to greet her as "Mama Pevensie" and Camrynn has to force that back. She is a grown up now, remember? Her voice is all adulthood, smooth like velvet and delightful to listen to. She wraps them in a gentle cone of magical silence, ensuring that no one outside will see or overhear their conversation. "Congratulations." She touches her fellow queen lightly on the shoulder, hoping that she isn't overstepping her boundaries. No doubt the woman would have a million questions for her, but she hopes it's not enough to make Pevensie mad enough to shy away from her touch.

Along the dune line behind them, Gumby frolics in his pleasantly puppy-like manner. There is a butterfly fluttering just above his reach, and he is trying his darndest to play with it. It's quite adorable, really.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the Amazons before the meeting. I know they'll be coming to discuss things, and I wanted to bring it to the kingdom as quickly as I could." she speaks the truth. "When Scorch came to me with her offer, I never had any intention of accepting on her terms." She sighs. "You saw those gods. If I'd been aligned with the Amazons, would they have let me proceed?" She knows that the answer is no, because she knows that they'd ejected Shahrizai.

"I don't know what you saw during that competition," she begins, and it rushes in front of her eyes, the room of Isis, Osiris' underworld, the boxes of Thoth. "But I was tested by the gods at every turn." it is a flat statement of what happened, not prideful or boastful, because of course she knows exactly what happened. Pevensie tends to wear her feelings and thoughts on her sleeve sometimes, and Cam can hardly help but pick them up. "It only makes sense for that to have some lasting effects."

And now the ball is in Pevensie's court, to ask any questions that might be on her mind. Perhaps she'll think that Cam means her appearance and her little trick with Gumby were all from the gods. Or perhaps not. Camrynn doesn't intend to deceive her, oddly enough.

C A M R Y N N
    Why? Because I can

Image copyright MariannaInsomnia

<3

Messages In This Thread
    So you wanna play with magic? PEVENSIE - by Camrynn - 04-11-2015, 08:25 AM