• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

silver rings and gypsy bells; any

lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all.
    but lend me your heart and i'll just let you fall.

Filled with the inevitable warmth of her eager smile and sweet demeanor, he begins to feel himself unravel in her presence. He usually held on to his stoicism, preferring to err on the side of caution by presenting himself as a single, solitary layer with little emotion - but it was far from the reality of his personality. He observed her with newfound affection as she shook herself into a new exterior color of goldenrod and silvery tresses, and he surmised that must be her own original pelt. He presses the bridge of his nose to her shoulder as she swivels at his side, unable to hide the faint smile she'd elicited with her precious antics.

He had forgotten what it was like to be near such youth and it filled him to the brim with delight; something he had not felt in an immeasurably long time. He thought for a moment to Isle, his precious Isle, and what it might be like to have one of their own. Emotions stirred within the depths of his chest and his heart ached at the thought - his previous love had died in the birthing process, as did his son - but still, he longed for it. He pulls himself back into the moment as Maribel's gleeful tone suddenly changes and shifts into despair, his deep crimson eyes observing her.

Glancing to Demian for a long moment, he pauses. He knows of what is going on in the kingdoms - there have been rumors, of course, and the stallion looked weary and war torn with conflict. He suspects his reasoning for coming to the very same, unusual place he had was for the same reason - he needed a reminder of what life was, what life meant, and what it could mean. He leans down to brush his muzzle across the girl's small abdomen as she weaves herself around his leg, thinking of Isle once more and how she might react to the sweet girl. He speculates that she would be eager to adore her smother her with affections, and if she would not or could not, he would.

"Come home with me, Maribel," He murmurs gently and earnestly, his dark eyes meeting hers. "It will grow dark soon, and I think you might like where I live. There are a couple of other little ones like you to play with, and plenty of company."

If he were starshine to her, then she would be his sunshine.

OFFSPRING

Messages In This Thread
    silver rings and gypsy bells; any - by Maribel - 03-05-2016, 03:23 PM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; any - by Offspring - 03-06-2016, 02:40 PM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; any - by demian - 03-09-2016, 02:36 AM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; any - by Offspring - 03-09-2016, 10:51 PM
    RE: silver rings and gypsy bells; any - by Offspring - 03-22-2016, 05:20 AM