• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm like a time bomb, ticking in your head | hurricane

lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all.
    but lend me your heart and i'll just let you fall.

The stories he had heard in his youth had been fierce, intimidating and altogether terrifying, but there were many things that his mother (could he refer to her as that? She was undeserving of the title, to say in the least.) had tried to use to instill fear, obedience and understanding it him - but it was her own callous behavior that held more bearing than any of her words had. As the years had shuffled past him, one by one, he found himself growing too old for such tales of destruction. There were many things in his long expanse of life that he had seen, experience, tasted and felt, all of which had been either ten times worse or half as horrendous as he had expected.

He had lost love, life, status and his own being for so long, he was not entirely certain what else the demons hidden away into that mystified, dire cave system that beckoned him forth, calling for him. He wondered if it were simply because of the dreams (nightmares) he had suffered in his youth, but he could almost hear the soft thrumming song emerge from its cavernous opening - a siren's song for the willing and brave. The only thing he had run away from was loss itself, and he realized then that if the cave had any sort of understanding of what lies beneath his rough exterior of scarred obsidian, if it could see the secrets and the pain that had been locked away for so long within the recesses of his mind, the demons might be far beyond his own imagination's eyes.

He drew in a long breath, letting it icy cool air coat his esophagus in its comforting embrace, taking a moment to savor the way that the bleak sunlight bears down onto his skin, warming him to the bone. He could feel the alabaster King's eyes boring into him once more, which forces him to look again, expecting to meet his steely gaze again but now Hurricane has looked away towards the horizon of the distance mountains and falling sky. He watches him for a long, quiet moment, unsure of what else to say - he can feel the weight of his oncoming words, and his breath catches in his throat.

His words find him speechless.

His stoic facade melts away in an instant, his brow furrowed slightly as the winged man before him confesses that he is undeserving of the crown - Offspring shakes his head, his forelock falling in the way of his eyes as he physically portrays his disagreement - and wishes to pass it on. To him. He remains silent, allowing the true proverbial burden of weight to settle evenly onto his sloping spine as he himself takes a moment to peer out onto the horizon, to the very few that dot the line with their presence and the lively brush and pockets of ice.

And then, "It would be an honor to stand where you have stood, Hurricane. I accept and I will do whatever you seem necessary." He thinks of the Brothers, of his adoptive son Thaniel and of Isle and of war. While Hurricane may view himself as a fixture of failure, he does not. Each of them are safe, their lands untouched in a tumultuous time. He cannot say that he himself will keep wartimes away from the Brothers - who can possibly know the future? - but he knew he would do anything to protect the land he had grown to adore to the marrow of his bones.

"In times of strife, all that the King's men can hope for is an eventual time of peace. Endless war and unnecessary loss are never the symbols of a great King, Hurricane," His dark red eyes meet with his. "and I admire you for that. I will do everything I can to protect this great kingdom, as you have. Let me brave the cave. I am ready."

OFFSPRING

Bahahah. <3 Creeptastic Tundra bros. @[insane]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm like a time bomb, ticking in your head | hurricane - by Offspring - 03-11-2016, 07:14 PM
    RE: i'm like a time bomb, ticking in your head | hurricane - by Offspring - 03-14-2016, 06:13 PM