• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long and good night; offspring

lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all.
    but lend me your heart and i'll just let you fall.

He studies him for a long moment, his darkened red eyes boring into him as he listens closely to the rumbling of his chuckle, which lingers within his throat and reverberates in the thick air around them. He draws his gaze away finally, warily eyeing the shadow tendrils that linger around him, wavering with the ebb and flo of its own rhythm, enveloping the male's presence entirely with its own. It is alluring, yet also causes him to be leery. He has not seen anything like it in his many years, and he was still uncertain about the demeanor of the cobalt-painted individual before him.

His muscles shift and flex beneath his taut coat as he admires his unusual accessory, before his eyes meet with his again, fiery red to his two-toned set. His mind rolls his name over twice before he repeats it aloud - "Michaelis," - and quietly he finds himself valuing the simple, yet eloquent sound of it as he rumbles it out from the larynx. He allows his own stoic demeanor to shift into one of amiable substance, the corner of his lip upturned in a faint smile. "my name Offspring."

His dark tresses fall in the way of his eyes again, though he does not pay them much mind - he is again observing the thick tendrils of shadow, which weave their way around him, lacing themselves around the foliage surrounding them, accentuating the depths of the darkness that lingered in the darkest part of the forest. Shaded by an impenetrable canopy, he is alone within the shadows with a stranger, surrounded by a powerful force he himself had never come across before - and yet, he is anything but anxious. He is intrigued, and perhaps in a small way, enchanted by them. 

And he cannot deny, even to himself, that there is something to be said for his two-toned gaze as well. He finds himself drawn in, and for a moment, his mind protests - he is not usually so easily pulled towards something, but there is something undeniable enigmatic and potent about the overtly gleeful exterior of the figure that stand before him. His heart pounds slightly against his ribcage as his blood begins to pump more eagerly within his veins as his adrenaline flows freely through his body, causing his skin to tingle slightly with anticipation. He finds himself puzzled by his own reaction, but he tries to quiet it and stifle it to no avail.

"The forest is so much darker where you stand. Tell me, Michaelis - what are these?" He pauses as they come dangerously close to him, irate for a moment but quieted - as if they are their own entity. "I have never seen anything like it before, and I doubt that I will again."

OFFSPRING
    the ice king of the tundra

Messages In This Thread
    so long and good night; offspring - by michaelis - 03-11-2016, 09:07 PM
    RE: so long and good night; offspring - by Offspring - 03-11-2016, 09:47 PM
    RE: so long and good night; offspring - by Offspring - 03-22-2016, 06:51 AM