• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Zojja]

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

He takes her initial silence well, keeping an eye on her while he mumbles on. Zojja’s not exactly ever been close to him, or for all he knows anyone. They get along, it’s true - she’s the only creature he could tolerate for long periods of time. He also supposes that if she’d never really been all that interested in his company, she probably wouldn’t have come to find him here in the Forest anyways. So silence is better than an outright reaction. Of course, it was an idea after all, nothing in the way of assuming she’d immediately agree with round eyes and thankful tears of joy.

But as her silence lingers on into a long moment, Lupei begins to worry he might’ve acted too much on impulse and somehow ended up with his hoof in his mouth. His tongue is poised between his teeth, ready to rescind the foolish thought but he’s interrupted. She’s moved, eyes locking on to their kin faster than he could’ve imagined. The instinct in her is simultaneously terrifying and amazing to watch. In a brief second his eyes follow too, taking in the scene of the elder colt in his attempt to leap on his brother. His head shakes, mind beginning to wrap around the enormity of handling such reckless little beasts.

Zojja’s speaking though, so the stallion lends an ear while keeping his eyes on the boys. Her? In the Chamber? He likes the sound of it almost too much. He’d laugh, but her teeth are pinching a fold of his skin and he snakes his head around to snap the empty air at her cheek playfully. “I wouldn’t want to scratch up that pretty face.” He retorts, knowing full and well that even with his gifts he’d be no match for her. A smug grin has him turning back to the boys, trying on her duties for a size. “I’m glad you don’t object, because I’ve already found a place.” He tells her, quite pleased with himself. “It’s Volcanic Village, if you’re wondering.”

He’s being a petulant bugger, but he just can’t help himself. Her question about his flame lingers in his mind, and a long-forgotten flash of gold sparks through his memories. Lupei blinks, sweeping the thought away and settling for a grin instead. “I tangled with a magician for the marking and the new look, but the flame was a stolen gift.” He reports. “And you’re right, it happened long before Kudu.”

ooc: sorry this took literally forever

Messages In This Thread
    Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 03-12-2016, 10:38 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Zojja - 03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 03-30-2016, 06:36 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Zojja - 04-04-2016, 04:26 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 04-05-2016, 10:20 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Zojja - 04-13-2016, 05:03 PM
    RE: Who painted the lion? [Zojja] - by Lupei - 04-30-2016, 05:42 PM