• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like a prayer for which no words exist; any

He is beautiful in the way all fragile things are beautiful. There is an inherent beauty in delicacy, in translucence. Unfortunately such a look draws the eye of other things – glass beckons rocks, skin beckons scalpels. He sees in their eyes, sometimes, when they see how even the blunt herbivore’s teeth could rip him asunder.
    Some days it frightens him and he walks faster.
    Some days he’ll stop and stare back, a quiet dare: hurt me.
    So far, they have not. So far, he exists, a papered alien among them, the last line of a love story.

She speaks of her Falls with a fondness, and he wonders what it’s like, to have an allegiance. He’s only allegiance was to his sister – delicate and fragile as he is, but she left and he wonders every night what’s become of her.
    “I’d like to see them,” he says, even as he wonders if a waterfall would tear him open, spill him out on their land.

contagion

be careful making wishes in the dark

(let me know if you post in the falls -- im bad at checking Smile )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like a prayer for which no words exist; any - by contagion - 05-21-2015, 05:34 PM