• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

baruch attah adonai - birthing - any

oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?

Kabe’s apology and request for forgiveness make her smile in the midst of their hug. “You never need to ahsk forgeevness for leeving your life. All my cheeldren seem to xaf a vanderlust een t’em. Vherever I ahm, you ahr alvays velcome.” Because one day, she may not be here. She may be somewhere else, living out the years of her life as best she can. Perhaps one day this place will hold too many memories for her old heart to bear. Perhaps one day she will go on her own grand adventure - with Vanquish, or maybe without him. One thing is certain, however, and that is that even if she is not here, she will always come when the Desert is in need.

It - and Fictional - gave her life. The best she can do is serve it in return.

Yael pulls away from her adopted daughter, when she hears Qatar’s mind-thought. As if she was listening in on Kabe’s thoughts, she offers as a quite explanation, “Xe ees mute. I can xear him, of course, but ze rest of ze world must xear from anozer mout.” But then Vanquish comes storming in, a rolling, boiling pit of emotions, and the sturdy wall that she’d hid behind at the time of her realization comes tumbling down. With him, she could cry. She did not have to be the iron-backed mother, and though she would not let tears freely flow right now, she would let herself press her head into his shoulder and sigh raggedly into his black coat.

Qatar’s tears rouse her from her moment of indulgence and she is lucky enough that Van seems to have a softer side now. He pulls the spindly-legged boy into the two of them and offers him comfort - the type she’s never seen him offer to a son before. She knows his mind as well as her own, but in this instant, she truly knows that death had changed him. She need say nothing else, except…

Her daughter has pressed herself against the hollow’s wall and that simply will not do. She is Yael’s, and thus, she is Van’s too; the same way that Kreios, Kratos, and even Tarnished are hers by default. “Kabe, t’ere ees somevone you should meet. Come xere, dear.” Through a mess of black fur and leather and gilded feathers, her eyes lovingly search for the mare’s. “Van, t’is ees my dauxter Kabechet. She kept me sane ahfter you died.” The red mare is as important to her as Mikhael, Munroe, Etro, or their newest son. She would not let that be forgotten.  

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician

<3 love all around! don't feel like you have to reply to this if you don't want to. Just wanted to get something else up Smile

Messages In This Thread
    baruch attah adonai - birthing - any - by Yael - 03-15-2016, 09:18 PM
    RE: baruch attah adonai - birthing - any - by Yael - 04-18-2016, 10:54 AM