• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any]
    Am I supposed to have meaning? I'm not sure. With a flick of my unusually "festive" mane I inhale and blink to hold back the regret and tears. I knew this day would come; I'd have to leave the place for foals (the only home I've really known) and make my own way. But how can someone with no past make a solid future? I'd had shit for parents, so the rules of this world were still new to me. But I could try. I'd do my best.

I lift my head, set my mismatched sights for the field and begin the short journey. I fake confidence, hoping it'll deter the worst of scum, and quickly slip between the throng of horses and other ... creatures. Some are flashy (and I suppose that I'm not so normal myself, what with my bright green fur) with wings and horns and fangs, but there are others who are more subtle. Splashes of color and then normalcy. With a deflated ego I mumble a quiet introduction and choose a spot to graze for a bit, hoping to seem unassuming and available without coming off as completely ignorant. This was going to be harder than I'd imagined. 

Before long the others disperse and I'm left somewhat alone. Separate, yet still near the dwindling gathering. I finish up and peer curiously to them - wondering off-hand if my color makes me blend too well with the green forage. 

Astri
    .:Mantis green girl of Yule and Astrah:.

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-15-2015, 10:53 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Astri - 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Texas - 04-28-2015, 08:43 AM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Scorch - 04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Camrynn - 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: Nothing's right, I'm torn [Any] - by Shaytan - 05-05-2015, 11:06 AM